Thread: How would you ceiling mount moving heads

How would you ceiling mount moving heads

I have built an outside gazebo/bar and have 2 spare chinese LED moving heads I was going to put up. Im not 100% how to do this, the lights have the usual clamps on as they all do and the ceiling is a tongue and groove with joists behind it. Initially i was going to mount the lights in to the ceiling so only the main part stuck out but then thought if I need to access the control panel in anyway then il have a problem! I want it to look as neat as possible. Any pointers please?

Use these with nuts and washers.

BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

^how do you mean. thank you.

Welcome to DJF, delta! I can't really help with your issue, but I also can't resist this useless reponse

Quote Originally Posted by delta View Post
    How would you ceiling mount moving heads
    On the ceiling.

-KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

^ thanks! I want to mount them 'in the ceiling' so only the moving part protrudes from the false ceiling. Hope this makes sense.

Those lights aren't designed to be mounted "in the ceiling". In addition to no access to the LED panel and menu, it also needs airflow for the fan. Plus you are looking at cutting a section out of the ceiling, will be hard to repair a few years down the road when the light fails, or you change you mind on what you are doing.

As mentioned above, i would surface mount them in some fashion, many ways to accomplish that, from a stud that protrudes from the ceiling, to Uni-Strut, or you could even use a section of a T-Bar from a light stand and some truss clamps.