Thread: Technics mod with Numark TTX tonearm system

Technics mod with Numark TTX tonearm system

I have been digging for the life of me in DJ Forums and on Google and I cannot find a photo of this mod for the life of me. Several years ago I came across a shop's website (which I believe is based in Texas) where they did turntable modifications and DJ mixer reconditioning. Specifically, they did a mod where they installed Numark's interchangeable tonearm onto a Technics SL-1200.

I thought I saw a photo here on DJ Forums of a turntable with that mod. I just needed a photo for a video essay I am doing (with permission of the owner of course).

If anyone remembers this shop's website, or name, or have a photo of this mod, please leave it in the link below. Thanks in advanced.
    Check out my Official Website at www.priyonjoni.com
    Voted 2014 Best DJ in Des Moines, Iowa in CityView Magazine's Best of Des Moines

Quite a popular arm mod is installing a Rega arm. If you Google it, you'll find a few. They are really good on a 1200/1210. I've never heard of a Numark arm being installed, probably for good reasons.
    "Even self-perception and the sense of time were changed. When the eyes were closed, colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope. What had caused this condition?" -- Albert Hofmann -- Laboratory Notes (1943)

I've seen that mod, and it's pure crap. They simply mount an SME cartridge mount where the wand is supposed to be, and screw a TTX armwand on. The PROBLEM is that the geometry for both the straight and S-shaped TTX tonearm wands mounted on the Technics armbase will be about an inch off (the S-arm is already a bit off on the TTX), therefore making the arm perform worse.

I might have a piture saved on my old laptop. I'll take a look.
    Last edited by virak; 12-07-2018 at 10:38 AM.