Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xone 96 vs djm 900nxs2

Question Xone 96 vs djm 900nxs2

So now that the xone96 is available. i cant make up my mind.

Xone96 vs Djm 900NXS2

Which one would you get if you want to use it with a pair of xone k1´s and traktor. !??!?!?

Both are Traktor ready now.
    Both have great sound now.
    Both have dual audio cards.
    Pioneer has lots of effects.
    Allen has 2 send/return channels (pioneer just 1).

i think is just a matter of which one you feel more confortable with. huh guys?..

Quote Originally Posted by davnav View Post
    So now that the xone96 is available. i cant make up my mind.

Xone96 vs Djm 900NXS2

Which one would you get if you want to use it with a pair of xone k1´s and traktor. !??!?!?

Both are Traktor ready now.
    Both have great sound now.
    Both have dual audio cards.
    Pioneer has lots of effects.
    Allen has 2 send/return channels (pioneer just 1).

i think is just a matter of which one you feel more confortable with. huh guys?..
    Traktor ready? Any mixer with a internal sound interface can be used with Traktor+midi controllers. TSP certification is only important if you want to control Traktor with timecode.
    Dual audio cards - do you do B2B Traktor sets? If not, not that important.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    Traktor ready? Any mixer with a internal sound interface can be used with Traktor+midi controllers. TSP certification is only important if you want to control Traktor with timecode.
    Dual audio cards - do you do B2B Traktor sets? If not, not that important.
    I don’t do b2b, and I’m not using timecoded.

So just the only difference will be the effects.. right? Other than that they are the same.

Xone has those K-link connectors for the K1’s; but with pioneer I can connect them via usb.

You can't go wrong with either mixer, I've only played on the Nexus 2 so I can't comment on the AH mixer, but yeah. It's a good mixer, no complaints. I think it just comes down to your preferences. One thing though, I think you'll find the Pioneer in more clubs in general, that could personally make me choose the Pioneer if I was buying. One the other hand, you'll run into to the Pio so often if you gig often that you'll get to learn it either way. I've had to play on an AH 92 mixer a couple of times, and because I'm not used to it, it feels a bit akward for me.

The question you should be asking yourself is whether you are okay with Pioneer's internal EFX, or if
    you want the freedom to add your own external EFX. Also, whether you're okay with Pioneer's digital
    sound as opposed to A&H's analog sound. Personally, I loathe the "sound" of Pioneer's EFX and output.
    They sound so cheap & metallic.

I currently own a Xone.PX5. I owned a Xone:92 in the past. I have the Xone:96 on pre-order.
    I'll take A&H's analog sound quality over Pioneer's digital trash any day.
    I have a TEILE Electronik "TEIL1" Delay Box and a Strymon "Blue Sky" Reverb Box.
    Haha, Pioneer's built-in EFX ain't got shit on their combined sound quality.
    Also, you could route Ableton's EFX through the Xone:96's EFX Send.
    I currently do that w' my PX5 and it goes off without a hitch.

I guess the choice is really down to, do you want a professional mixer, or just the "club standard".
    http://soundcloud.com/risquedj
    "ALLFORMs of music move me"

Quote Originally Posted by blackavenger View Post
    I currently own a Xone.PX5.
    Any flaws you can report?
    Are the faders firm or flimsy as on the cheaper models?
    Is the crossfader suitable for scratch? Not enough, reviewers say, but how bad is it?
    How are the curves on both up and cross faders? Cheaper models were reported for strange behavior in this regard, with sudden increase of loudness at a certain position.
    Is the master insert pre or post rec out? If an isolator is plugged there, will it reflect on the recording?
    Is there a in out switch for the insert or once plugged it is always in?
    Any mono switch?

Go for Xone 96 if you want vintage colored A&H analog goodness (or would otherwise be desiring a 92 daily). NXS2 if you really like that mixer already (it's nice). If you don't need the ultimate fidelity of the MP2015 (and its amazing digital filters) and you can go without send-return, consider the Xone DB4. So much fun.
    Last edited by Reticuli; 10-09-2018 at 07:54 PM.

I concur. The DB4 is an amazing bit of kit. I've owned two 92s in my life too and can vouch for those. Sometimes you just want that chunky analogue feel, you know? The DB4 is like going from flying a Hercules to a Eurofighter. So much to learn, so much to play with. So advanced, so many features. I swear every time I have a mix on it I learn new stuff about it. Unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by blackavenger View Post
    I currently own a Xone.PX5.
    Quote Originally Posted by stomp View Post
    Any flaws you can report?
    Are the faders firm or flimsy as on the cheaper models?
    Is the crossfader suitable for scratch? Not enough, reviewers say, but how bad is it?
    How are the curves on both up and cross faders? Cheaper models were reported for strange behavior in this regard, with sudden increase of loudness at a certain position.
    Is the master insert pre or post rec out? If an isolator is plugged there, will it reflect on the recording?
    Is there a in out switch for the insert or once plugged it is always in?
    Any mono switch?
    Bumping these questions.

The Xone:96 comes with a mini Innofader already installed. Stomp I'm not sure if your question was with regards to the Xone:96 or the PX5?