Thread: Xone62

Xone62

Hi,

Is an Xone 62 still of any use, am trying to source my first mixer\CDJ's - not one to go for anything low down or too old in case I am missing out on features that are more relevant today as I wouldn't be able to learn using them..

Any info would be great

Thanks

LS

I have one, it's sweet. Great sound quality and excellent work horse in gig conditions, approved by all DJs who have played on mine. Features are a bit irrelevant because you can plug a lot of stuff on it, and also depends what you mean by features. For example if you plan on plugging in an Fx box, you're better off looking at a 92. In any case, it's certainly not low down or too old, I could sell it tomorrow for more than how much I paid for it
    Last edited by Manu; 09-18-2018 at 03:38 PM.

Well honestly Manu, I have no idea what features - I have yet to dip my toe into the world of DJ'n, never not once even touched a deck or mixer

Money is tight though so if am to spend best part of a grand on a mixer it will take many months and then onto CDJ's,

Something to keep me going for at least 6 months or so, maybe get to grips with the basics or understand it a lot better,

Ultimately though i want to head in a direction that helps me be able to play on a CDJ2000\DJM900 setup

The 62 is a great mixer, now have you considered a DJM 800 at all?..

Its a fantastic mixer, i miss mine

I have one too.. great sounding mixer, beautifully constructed. Now so far as whether it is the right mixer for you that is a different question. You say you want to ultimately play on a full Pioneer setup and clearly if you own a Pioneer mixer you will have the maximum comfort level the first time you play a gig on one because that will be what you are used to. This goes especially for when you are switching back and forth between a Xone:62 or Xone:92 vs almost any other DJ mixer, because those models have a 4 band EQ section vs 3 band on other mixers. It is to some DJs a great feature to have that extra control, to others.. they are just fine with three bands and the fourth band is a distraction...

Bottom line is that yes when switching from one model mixer to another there is always going to be a little bit of getting used to the controls on the new mixer. But at the end of the day most DJ mixers are very much alike and when you have some experience under your belt you can adapt quickly to any mixer.

Learning how to mix is a skill that you have to learn that travels with you from one mixer to another. Learning the ins and outs of each model of mixer is a pretty small part of it. With the Pioneer vs Xone this is a little bit more work because the 3 band vs 4 band thing is a pretty significant difference in how you mix, but it is not that big a deal. If you own the 62 and mix really well on it already, then it might take a few times mixing on a Pioneer to get the hang of it, but you will. What you learned on the 62 will apply to the Pioneer just somewhat differently. I'm at the point now where you put me in front of a Pioneer, a Rane, Ecler, Allen & Heath, or whatever mixer.. and I will mix on it. Maybe I will eff it up a bit at first but I will figure it out. DJ mixers are.ultimately very similar when it comes to the basics.

I would also say that if you are tight on bucks then the mixer is the best place to economize because DJs always want different mixers anyway and when you get more into it then you'll have preferences you can't know about now starting out. I currently own 5 mixers and mix on three of them at different times .. a Pioneer an Ecler and an Allen & Heath and I like them all for different reasons.
    Last edited by light-o-matic; 11-02-2018 at 05:31 PM.