Thread: JTR Speakers powered Captivator 218 Pro Subwoofer.

JTR Speakers powered Captivator 218 Pro Subwoofer.

After years of being a JTR user with the Orbit Shifter sub, I decided that I wanted something powered so I wouldn't have to always take an amp rack with me. For a while I looked at various powered single 18 subs like RCF and the EV ETX line but when I found out about the powered front-loaded dual 18 from JTR I had to get it. Here are some clips of how 1 sounds in a high school auditorium. The powered tops that were used are the Yamaha DSR 112.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W483EO0D5x0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdvMSzSgNqs

How is portability on that beast? Looking to get a sub and the 212pros have been on the list but not sure I can swing 2 at the moment. But I like the weight and size of those. Maybe 1 would suffice for the time being. A single 218 would be more than sufficient I’m sure. In fact I worry both those options would be too much for my tops (k10’s) until I get around to upgrading those. Coincidentally was thinking DSR 112’s too. Keep the k10’s for wedges or side fills.

Are you settling on just the single 218 or do you plan on getting a 2nd? Post more vids, I would love to see a head to head of one 218 against a pair of ETX 18SP (more so for SQ than SPL, though truth be told I like the sound of the ETX 15SP over the ETX 18SP since it sounds tighter & more controlled).
    Last edited by Incognito; 10-21-2018 at 09:15 PM.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

Quote Originally Posted by Ntoombs View Post
    How is portability on that beast? Looking to get a sub and the 212pros have been on the list but not sure I can swing 2 at the moment. But I like the weight and size of those. Maybe 1 would suffice for the time being. A single 218 would be more than sufficient I’m sure. In fact I worry both those options would be too much for my tops (k10’s) until I get around to upgrading those. Coincidentally was thinking DSR 112’s too. Keep the k10’s for wedges or side fills.
    I ended up buying another. It's easy to move around once you get accustomed to handling it. It has rattle proof casters in the back. Loading it into a van is easy. All you have to do is line it up, length wise, tilt and lift. The 212's don't come with casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Are you settling on just the single 218 or do you plan on getting a 2nd? Post more vids, I would love to see a head to head of one 218 against a pair of ETX 18SP (more so for SQ than SPL, though truth be told I like the sound of the ETX 15SP over the ETX 18SP since it sounds tighter & more controlled).
    Ended up buying another one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIG1V0BHHdg

Nice, how much do you have to scale back on the subs so that they don't run away from your tops?
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    Nice, how much do you have to scale back on the subs so that they don't run away from your tops?
    I pretty much keep everything at unity.