Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Dj's

Black Dj's

Hi I am new to the forum I am black 50% and white 50% I don't see many black dj's a huge part of show business and being an artist is being the right "type" that's why most rappers are black and only a few are white like eminem and MGK. I really have a passion for EDM music and I have never actually even tried djing before but I have always wanted to give it a shot but I don't want my skin color to be a negative factor in determining how far I can take my success. Name one black DJ that you listen to. Avicii is white martin garrix is white all of the big names in this music genera are white I think I might have a better shot of overall success if I joined the hip hop side of things but I don't really want to make hip hop music I have a passion for EDM. I have linked a picture of myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by theblackdj View Post
    Name one black DJ that you listen to.
    Carl Cox. Why so serious?

If you want something go get it.

Best DJ I've seen this year was DJ Minx, who was playing alongside Moodyman and Carl Craig. Probably the best set I've experienced in the past 5 years was Seth Troxler, who played right after Art Department when it was still two people. I don't even go out that much. Look them all up.

There are black DJs everywhere, in the game from top to bottom
    Last edited by Hygro; 09-09-2018 at 01:32 AM.
    My production tips thread. On my production philosophy, techniques, and concepts
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...roduction-Tips

On every song or mix I have ever listened to, it does not state the ethnicity of the artist.
    So I can not be for sure if I listen to more black or white or whatever DJs.
    Looking at the DMCs I see that DJs win by skill alone.
    I can't see because EDM is regarded as "white" that it should be a barrier.
    One of the only people I've worked with who can honestly say is a success in EDM is black and made tracks with names like "funky zulu".

However, I feel racism permeates every area of life, and it is everybody's responsibility to stamp it out but I'm in no place to preach on the subject.

Name one black DJ that you listen to.
    Mike Banks....[in fact most of the stuff on UR....on that note...most of the stuff coming out of detroit....]

btw: as this is a touchy subject... if this thread gets out of control it is getting closed.
    Last edited by pete; 09-10-2018 at 02:43 AM.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Sounds just as if I was a basketball fan, and complaining there's not enough white dudes in the NBA

Why does race even matter in this time period. Do you like a DJ just because they are a certain race.

You could breakdown almost anything into a racial divide if you tried hard enough.

If you want to let fear stop you from doing something, it does not matter what other people do or think - that decision is all on you.

But yea - Carl Cox.

Your race is only an issue, if you make it an issue.

I've never listened to an artist, or not listened to them because of their race.

Are some genres dominated by certain races, without question, are there successful artists that have "crossed over", absolutely.

IMO it's more about being who you are, instead of who you think people want you to be...

You're either part of the Problem, or part of the Solution!

Where's Rockngo when you need him?
    Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,