Thread: Shure wireless UT2 SM58 and UT4 setup

Shure wireless UT2 SM58 and UT4 setup

I came across a chance to purchase two used UT2 SM58 wireless handheld transmitters for $60 each. I’ve seen the UT4 receivers listed on eBay for around $40. Is this still a viable and good performing set up compared to the newer ULX systems?

I’m wondering do I have a steal of a deal or just some outdated technology that’s gonna sound like crap.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Que Yi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No feedback from anyone?

Is that the discontinued PGX level mic? It will probably work okay but Id personally go with a brand new system if you’re going to make a living with it. Having your wireless cut out or die in the middle of a gig is super embarassing. Ive been getting by with a pair of GLX for weddings and other events, range and battery life are both pretty solid. With used wireless gear you really have no idea how much use it has gotten, especially a really old model.

Check the frequencies. If they are in the 600MHz band then they are obsolete, don't get them.

And watch out for fakes...

Thanks for the feedback. I was going to use them as backups, but looks like the technology is old as the frequency is in the lower 600 MHz range.