Thread: Old School Funk Mix

Old School Funk Mix

Here I am playing some old school Funk! The echo effect I do because it gives me something to do.

It's Traktor, no? How exactly you do the echo effect? Running the same track on two decks, second one delayed...for a beat or?

double post

The echo effect is done by playing the same track on both decks, just like you said. The second track is exactly 2 beats behind the first track. The hard part is knowing when to do it, so it sounds natural. Just make believe you are a background singer, singing, and you can get the hang of it. You can also do it one beat behind, and 4 beats behind, it all depends on the song. The echo effect is an old school trick. I learned how to do it back in the 70's with vinyl, when I DJed in Disco's. Back then, you needed two identical records, which where hard to get. It was also hard to do, since you had to first line up the songs, then put them two beats behind, then keep them in sync while you did the effect. You had to do all that pretty fast, or you would run out of record. Today is a lot easier. I have a button on the X1 controller that instantly puts the second track, two beats behind. So I can start doing the echo effect pretty quick. You can also do the echo effect the easy way, by using the delay knob on Traktor or Serato. It basically does the same thing, by just turning a knob, only thing, it doesn't sound as good as doing it the old school way.

Always enjoying when you write about the old school way

Much respect! It was a joy to listen to and watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk