Thread: How do you run your PA and Sub setup?

How do you run your PA and Sub setup?

I currently run my 1/4" outs from my controller to my powered PAs and then use the XLR outs on the PAs to my Sub. I'm wondering if there is a better way to go about this, as I currently have to have both a 1/4" and an XLR cable for each PA, and when I want to extend them far from the booth, it is a bit of a hassle.

Thanks for any advice!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Thresher View Post
    I currently run my 1/4" outs from my controller to my powered PAs and then use the XLR outs on the PAs to my Sub. I'm wondering if there is a better way to go about this, as I currently have to have both a 1/4" and an XLR cable for each PA, and when I want to extend them far from the booth, it is a bit of a hassle.

Thanks for any advice!
    Details on the hardware you have? Might make a difference...

I'm using a Traktor S2 controller with Harbinger Vari V2215 PAs and a JBL EON618S Sub.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Thresher View Post
    I'm using a Traktor S2 controller with Harbinger Vari V2215 PAs and a JBL EON618S Sub.
    Looks like your V2215's support XLR input, the manual(linked below) shows input 2 as XLR.

The EON618s(I have a pair) are dual(XLR/1/4") in, and only XLR out.

I know my 618s are pass through, so the gain has no affect on the signal, not sure about your V2215's, that might be the only difference to connect the sub first if the V2215's aren't pass through only. Might have to do some testing...

http://harbingerproaudio.com/wp-cont...212-Manual.pdf

I wanted to follow up on this, now that my new cables came in to try this out. Everything works great with the inputs going direct to the sub and using the pass-throughs to the V2215's. Will be much nicer not having to run that extra 1/4" cable from the controller to the PA's.

Thanks for the feedback!

Not to hijack this thread, but I am wondering the best way to connect two QSC KW 181's? I have a Yamaha MG124CX mixer, two Yamaha DXR 12's and two QSC KW 181's. I am not sure the most optimal way to set this up. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by HBL Entertainment View Post
    Not to hijack this thread, but I am wondering the best way to connect two QSC KW 181's? I have a Yamaha MG124CX mixer, two Yamaha DXR 12's and two QSC KW 181's. I am not sure the most optimal way to set this up. Any feedback is appreciated.
    Same as above, mixer to subs, subs to tops.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com