Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is DSP equipped speakers worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by monomer View Post

If you're relying on AFS for feedback, you're doing it wrong. When mixing live I use an MR18, with has a real nice rta/peq setup that allows you to see the peaks and notch out problem frequencies.
    I must respectfully challenge you on that. People such as myself use AFS for feedback and it works very well. How can you say we're doing it wrong when it works well and there are no complaints? There is also the fact that dBx, a well respected company, promotes AFS for feedback suppression.

Using a parametric EQ to notch out problem frequencies is a solid approach - no argument there. There are other approaches that work too.
    Check out the Virtual Party Pack - Icebreaker and game ideas for your virtual events

Quote Originally Posted by djeternal View Post
    I must respectfully challenge you on that. People such as myself use AFS for feedback and it works very well. How can you say we're doing it wrong when it works well and there are no complaints? There is also the fact that dBx, a well respected company, promotes AFS for feedback suppression.

Using a parametric EQ to notch out problem frequencies is a solid approach - no argument there. There are other approaches that work too.
    It's not as accurate and there's always a delay. I'll pass.

If anyone's going to mangle up the audio, it's going to be me.

It's not as accurate and there's always a delay. I'll pass.

If anyone's going to mangle up the audio, it's going to be me.
    What's not as accurate? The AFS or the PEQ?
    Check out the Virtual Party Pack - Icebreaker and game ideas for your virtual events

If you don't know what you're doing, sure.
    *crickets*

But yeah, it's a trade-off between certain frequencies and possible feedback problems, and probably the only available solution at that. Plus, you can't really tune it manually ie. you're stuck using the wizard but it's better than nothing, like doing stuff on auto-pilot and expecting things to work so it's more of a safety measure and doesn't substitute for a live FOH engineer/operator.