Thread: Best lighting setup for under 1300$ CAD?

Question Best lighting setup for under 1300$ CAD?

I'm trying to build a good setup for under 1300$ CAD and would appreciate it if someone would be able to help.

Looking for a wash, strobe, and lazer. If I could get some moving heads in that would be good but may have to stretch to get that far.

Was at first looking at 2 Chauvet gigbar 2's due to their ease of setup and price for performance value, but was thinking may be better and cheaper if I can get individual effects and then get a seperate lighting stand that could support them all at once.

Any help would be appreciated,
    thanks.

It would be good to know what type of gigs you're doing. If doing weddings, for example, strobe and laser aren't necessary.

Personally, I would start with wash lights (par can or strip bar style) on a T-bar, and maybe add a controller (software or hardware). Add a pair of moving heads when the funds become available.

You're probably smart to avoid the GigBar or similar products, as they're difficult to expand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Drop the bass, and the bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    It would be good to know what type of gigs you're doing. If doing weddings, for example, strobe and laser aren't necessary.

Personally, I would start with wash lights (par can or strip bar style) on a T-bar, and maybe add a controller (software or hardware). Add a pair of moving heads when the funds become available.

You're probably smart to avoid the GigBar or similar products, as they're difficult to expand.
    The only issue I saw with the gigbar was as you mentioned difficult to expand, it would be great for a while but then if I wanted to change it it would be near impossible, hence why I was thinking a normal setup buying effects individually.

My main purpose I would use it for would be events or partys with a group I go hang out with often, I already have plans to host their new years party which is normally pretty big but has never had a proper dj setup. As for controller I was thinking I would use a hardware dmx controller as I like hardware more than software. Im a bit on the fence about wash lights as they seem just a bit bland and boring.

Start with a Blizzard Weather System $ 600. Add a Kaptivator RGB 3D laser $ 350 and a SnowBlind strobe $ 150

Prices are MAP, this would be budget friendly.

https://www.blizzardpro.com/collecti...weather-system

https://www.blizzardpro.com/collecti...cts/kaptivator

https://www.blizzardpro.com/collecti...cts/kaptivator
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]