Thread: To my Male MOBILE JOCKS, do you ever get a DANCE request, and how do you handle it?

To my Male MOBILE JOCKS, do you ever get a DANCE request, and how do you handle it?

FUN TOPIC

It seems no matter the GIG, there's always the one that comes up to the booth or table and ask, "do you dance"?

I don't know what it is, but MOBILE DJ's, (like the big stage DJ's) have their groupies......I had a lady at my last GIG that hung around my booth asking me if I wanted to dance, or asking, "does the DJ dance". Although I'm flattered, (because I'm single), I politely tell them I'm at work, and cannot dance.

How do you guys handle dance request?

Since my wife is my assistant, I dont get asked. However, when I was a club DJ, I got asked quite often.

I will say that my wife & I will dance occasionally if we feel its appropriate at the time. We have also danced to entice the guests to get on the dance floor.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Yeah, I have been asked and danced before but 99% of the time i say Im terrible at it but love the music and thats why i became a dj

Quote Originally Posted by den1213 View Post
    FUN TOPIC

It seems no matter the GIG, there's always the one that comes up to the booth or table and ask, "do you dance"?

I don't know what it is, but MOBILE DJ's, (like the big stage DJ's) have their groupies......I had a lady at my last GIG that hung around my booth asking me if I wanted to dance, or asking, "does the DJ dance". Although I'm flattered, (because I'm single), I politely tell them I'm at work, and cannot dance.

How do you guys handle dance request?
    She’s asking if your good in bed.

If she's hot, you ask for her what her favorite track is and then play it... and dance with her. The rest is on you!
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I love to dance, and it's not uncommon for me to make an appearance on the dance floor for a song or two during the night. Because most of my gigs are through word-of-mouth, I often know some of the guests, so it doesn't feel weird. I've only been asked to dance a few times though. Maybe my wedding ring is a clear sign that I'm off-limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Drop the bass, and the bacon.

Say, "Yes, I specialize in the horizontal lambada. I'll teach it to you after my set if you're still around."

I don't dance, but I can see where it would be a good thing - did you know there's apparently a saying that goes something like, "Don't trust a DJ who can't dance." ?