Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Faderwave?

Quote Originally Posted by Cervantes View Post
    What's DJF using now? Still have a roster of DJs?
    With all the easy streaming out there, listeners watched less and less. As a result, DJs started losing interest. Eventually it just stopped.

It's a shame really. Faderwave was one of my favorite things about the DJF community.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Wow, Faderwave..(a word,faded from memory)...I recall,working on my set-up, in aim,to join the rotation,.but alas,it never came to be.

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    With all the easy streaming out there, listeners watched less and less. As a result, DJs started losing interest. Eventually it just stopped.

It's a shame really. Faderwave was one of my favorite things about the DJF community.
    I think it relied too heavily on the chatroom and not enough effort to make it just a streaming station. I only listen to online stations from my car and at work - i'd definitely listen to FW if it was on air somewhere.

Also, great to hear from you Roth!!

I think the other thing was it was dependent on 3rd party streaming solutions that might have been... fun (*cough*Stickam*cough*), but didn't do the actual channel any good. It's tough when literally half the folks checking out Laz's show drop off because of some cam whore. Putting together a reliable calendar of DJs is hard enough as it is.

Just thought I'd give this thread a bump with this interesting DJCityTV video.

Ya gotta love corn, it's one of the only foods that says good-bye.

Rep owed: DTR, Pete, KLH, mitchiemasha,

Great video! Vekked was an old member on DJF for a while. It's nice to put a face to a name.

Now I want to see if there's actual interest in establishing FWR v2 (regardless of where it lands). Anyone interested? I know I am...
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Going to try a new streaming platform, if anyone's still interested in rebooting FW.

https://cue.live

It's made more for Mobile listeners but it looks like you can login and listen via the site. You get a direct link to your stream when you go live.

What about https://chew.tv/ ? Anyone ever check that site out? I think it would be a great platform for a Faderwave reboot and it's strictly for streaming live dj sets... no camwhores

Since you asked, I do Chew. - https://chew.tv/rekaviles

as for FW, it's dead in the water.

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post

Now I want to see if there's actual interest in establishing FWR v2 (regardless of where it lands). Anyone interested? I know I am...
    I am! I actually set up a DJ Forums community on Twitch a while ago, but literally the next day Twitch got rid of group pages. It looks like they've replaced it with a "team" option now. So if you guys want to try it again I'm down for that.

http://www.djforums.com/forums/showt...ghlight=twitch
    Last edited by DJ Elroy; 07-13-2019 at 07:13 PM.