View Poll Results: What do you do for the last song?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Play the last song on the request list

0 0%
  • Play the last song that the customer requested

1 16.67%
  • Play the song that you want

5 83.33%
  • Play a random song

0 0%
  • Just stop and drop the mic

0 0%

Thread: Last song - What do you do?

Last song - What do you do?

It's time to play the last song. What do you do?
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

I play the song that I always play at the end of all of my events. It's always the last song played. Any requests for last song get played prior.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Seldom is my last song planned. I select the next song based on how well it mixes with the present song & will mix well for the crowd I am playing to.

Occasionally, a client will request that I play a certain song as the last song of the evening & when so requested, that's what I play.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

I'm a mix of the previous two replies. I've only had a couple of weddings where the client requested a specific song to end the night. I have a couple of go-to tracks that fit well together and they usually go over well with any crowd. I always play the same song for exit music at a lower volume after the final dance song. It's become somewhat of a tradition/signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Drop the bass, and the bacon.

Africa by Toto!

Ill play the last song as a request if its a good farewell track and fits with the night

I go for a song/track that 'sums-up' the vibe of the night, either a big soulful thing that people can sing-along to, or a last-blast-of-beats type thing that the people there can dance to; sometimes I pick a tune with both, depending on the people! I switch-up my last tune of the night, playing particular records once a month or something.

Generally on our paperwork is a slot for the couple to have there last song and an Encore (9/10) times the last song the couple have chose is changed in the last 5 mins depending on the vibes going on.
    Being in Australia its hard not to have
    Last Song - Thunder Struck - AC-DC
    Encore - Khe Sahn - Cold Chisel or vice versa

Closing Time Semi sonic, Had the time of my life (Dirty Dancing Bill & Kim) up all night to get lucky DP or Marvin Gaye Sexual healing

Point is there is always a banger we have ready depending on the event. if they are HUGE country fans then maybe I have saved something if its a DANCE party thing something like Prodigy or Darude.

But hey last night the last song was RAPE Me Nirvana & my encore was Stinkfist TOOL. which they Flipped out over and said who requested this one.

Tonights is scheduled to be LAST SONG Give me head- the radiators ENCORE Am I ever gonna see your face again "No Way Get F*ked. F*ck OFF! - The Angels

Really it does all depend there is never one particular one but being mostly Aussies out here in the regional area if AC/DC or Chisel have not been built up towards the end I may as-well pack my crates up and leave quickly.

Im on my way - Proclaimers

For me personally if I get my chance IE a corporate gig or something like that i go out with Thunderstruck. Send the meters into the red give it the full 80% system and the 110% eardrum ringing 3 minute burst that makes the crowd realise I have been playing deliberately quiet all night since I'm DJING multiple jobs a week and trying to preserve my hearing. Works exceptionally well.
    OP

If we haven't had a specific request for the last song, we have a couple of choices that always go down well as a finale. Often we will announce the penultimate song as the last song (knowing that everyone always asks for one more!), and when that has finished, we'll play one our regular ending tracks.

That way the crowd feel like they have got something extra, and we still finish with the track we were intending to finish with all along... Crowd psychology!

I must confess that I never plan that far ahead, so my last song is whatever gets played at the end...