Thread: Connecting Numark M2 Mixer to only ONE KRK's Rokit 5

Connecting Numark M2 Mixer to only ONE KRK's Rokit 5

Hi DJ Forums fam,

Hope you all guys doing well!

Quick question, well confirmation of what I found so far:

I have two turntables connected via RCA to a DJ Mixer the (shitty?) Numark M2. I have as well only ONE Rokit 5. Now the M2 has only RCA outputs that goes to speakers. I got only one speaker.
    I am actually connecting my DJ mixer via only one RCA cable (the Left output RCA from the M2) to the RCA input entry of my Rokit 5. My question is: I am loosing sound quality by doing so? I know having two speakers will be best but don't have the money at the moment. I wish I could take those two RCA output (L and R) from the M2 and some how combine them to one cable (TRS/XLR or RCA) and plug that one cable end to the Rokit 5.

Will it be better to connect the M2 to my only Rokit with the help of cables like that one: TRS-203 3m 1/4 inch TRS to Dual RCA Insert Cable
    Will it change something using the method above, or connecting only one RCA cable to the Rokit does the same result?

Thanks for your help, have a great one.

HonneyZouka

You're not losing sound quality, but you're just getting only one channel out of the two that constitutes a stereo signal. I would not attempt to fiddle anything else, as you're not going to gain anything from that, but instead just wasting your time and money...

Hi Manu, thanks for your message.

What type of signal I get at the moment if it is not a stereo one? Does that stereo cable I mentioned above, with one TSR splitting in 2 RCA cables won't help?

As well, I don t know if it is related or not but on my M2 Mixer, there is 3 'rails' of LED lights on for L, one for CUE, one got R. That shows the sound level of the music and goes red at the top when u go to hard. Well there is only the CUE one that activating itself and showing some stuff when DJing music, even tho I am not only CUEing the music but blasting it on my speaker as well.

Is this because I am not sending the signal on a L and R speaker?

Thanks for your help, let me know if it is not clear enough.

HonneyZouka

No, the LED strip is for visual monitoring purposes, mainly to tell you to stay off the red. The cue is to listen to the music for monitoring it, even when the channel fader is down.

Like you said, you've plug the left side of the stereo signal in. There is no point sending both output into one speaker, as this also may result in doing some damage by sending more signal than what it is supposed to handle.

You will not get a stereo sound, as to achieve that, by definition you need two speakers. Just leave as it is for now and wait until you can get a second one.