Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to jump ship?

Time to jump ship?

Quote Originally Posted by DJBrandonjames View Post
    Have you tried VirtualDJ? It has the same and many more features than the ones mentioned here and the DVS is spot on.
    Played with it years ago. I’ll check it out.

Traktor's got some major updates coming in October time. I'd hang on to some of your stuff before fully jumping ship. At least give it a chance. Traktor 3 is coming and it's coming in hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Duluxx View Post
    I’ve been thinking about getting Serato or rekordbox.
    DVS is a mature technology now. I doubt that there's any practical difference between TSP, SDJ, and RB at this point. Now technically, TSP's timecode has twice the frequency of the other two - but since no one plays TCV at 16 RPM, I'm not sure what that buys anyone.

A long time ago, QBert claimed that TSP felt better than SSL...

... but again since nothing's changed in the past 8 years, all DVS engines are practically the same at this point.

The user interfaces matter more than the engines to most nowadays. So pick the one that fits your workflow... Or get all three and have all the bases covered!

EDIT: Looks like your mixer can be used with all three software for minor upgrade costs. Your mixer is TSP certified, so just should be able to download TSP from NI. For SDJ DVS, you just need to buy the expansion pack. For RB DVS, IIRC, the mixer comes with a key, so you should be all set. For the cost of SDJ DVS (~$100), I'd do it to have all three DVS DJ apps! Have fun!
    Last edited by KLH; 08-21-2018 at 07:20 AM.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    DVS is a mature technology now. I doubt that there's any practical difference between TSP, SDJ, and RB at this point. Now technically, TSP's timecode has twice the frequency of the other two - but since no one plays TCV at 16 RPM, I'm not sure what that buys anyone.

A long time ago, QBert claimed that TSP felt better than SSL...

... but again since nothing's changed in the past 8 years, all DVS engines are practically the same at this point.

The user interfaces matter more than the engines to most nowadays. So pick the one that fits your workflow... Or get all three and have all the bases covered!

EDIT: Looks like your mixer can be used with all three software for minor upgrade costs. Your mixer is TSP certified, so just should be able to download TSP from NI. For SDJ DVS, you just need to buy the expansion pack. For RB DVS, IIRC, the mixer comes with a key, so you should be all set. For the cost of SDJ DVS (~$100), I'd do it to have all three DVS DJ apps! Have fun!
    Thank you. I will get all 3. It’s good to know the software if you have to play out with one of them. I’ve been lucky most times I’ve played out it’s on traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by Duluxx View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Serato was what I was the thinking. I don’t know anyone that has rekordbox. That why I was asking. I plan on getting the cdj2000nxs soon.
    Ive been using rekordbox basically since it came out and it’s been great, never used any sort of dvs before. Its geared toward the pioneer cdj/controller lines and over the last 8 years or whatever Ive had very few problemsand they were all minor stupid things that didnt really affect performance