Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling rare Technics SL-1210M5G AKA SL-1200MK5G Turntables

Selling rare Technics SL-1210M5G AKA SL-1200MK5G Turntables

Hey guys,

I put up some rare Technics on ebay, would be cool if one of you guys got em. If anyone wins them from here, just pm me and I'll include shipping for free or discount the shipping if you are outside of the US.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300696578817

and

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300696578387

-Dan

P.S. Moderators I used to have an account on this site before 2012 so please don't delete my thread because its my first post. Thanks!

What's the difference between these and plain M5Gs?
    Equipment: CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, AiAiAi TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by DJNR View Post
    What's the difference between these and plain M5Gs?
    Straight from wikipedia:

MK5 models
    SL-1200MK5 (released in 1 November 2002) has a silver finish like the MK2, increases the range of anti-skate settings from 0–3 grams-force (0–30 mN) to 0–6 grams-force (0–60 mN). Also has a white LED target light (previous versions only had a globe and burnt out over time). Current MK5 models have a removable lid with magnets as opposed to the MK2 and MK3 removable hinged lid.
    SL-1210MK5 has a matte black finish like the MK2, and is exactly the same as the SL-1200MK5, aside from the voltage switch, like the other decks in the 1210 series.
    SL-1200MK5G Similar to the SL-1210M5G.
    SL-1210M5G (released in 1 November 2002) has a glossy piano-black finish with silver speckles, was a special 30th-anniversary edition. It was initially launched in Japan only (together with the MK5) but is now internationally available. The difference from the MK5 model is the ability to switch between ±8% and ±16% ranges for pitch adjustment, and the pitch control in this model is completely digital. It also features blue target lights and blue pitch-number illumination. The brake strength potentiometer, although still located beneath platter, can now be adjusted, unlike previous models, without the need for a screwdriver thanks to the addition of a small plastic knob. Minor improvements over Mk2, Mk3, Mk4, & 1200LTD also include improved tonearm mounting and oxygen-free copper wire being used for the signal, improved vibration damping in the body, improvements to the pitch control accuracy and better LEDs.

Doesn't really say what the difference is so im guessing nothing.

Spec-wise nothing. The models are distinct to differentiate the market it was intended for. These are the Japan-only version.

I'm gonna go with just a slight name change, that's about it. I remember when was still called MK5G, but then it later changed to M5G.
    Last edited by JonAvalon; 04-16-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    http://www.djforums.com/forums/attac...2&d=1330279224
    Twitter - Soundcloud- Youtube
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonitz
    I love me some MEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by JonAvalon View Post
    I'm gonna go with just a slight name change, that's about it. I remember when was still called MK5G, but then it later changed to M5G.
    No they are indeed different. The Japanese version is 100V and the M5G is 120V. Not that it matters, they both work here in the US.

Banned
    How much?

Only interested in selling on Ebay?
    DJM-850 | Technics 1210 M5G x 2 | CDJ-900 x 2 | RCF 312A MKIII x 2 - Soundcloud
    1-v-1 Battle Record: 1-0 / 1-v-1-v-1 Battle Record: 0-1

I think i will get most for my money via ebay but PM me any offers. I am also in LA so I can bring it over for you.