Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WinISD/Speaker Excursion

I made some guesses from the picture and I'm back to about 4-4.5 cu ft per driver so the original simulation and the suggestions I made stand.. cut those ports off and get the cx2310 and you should be good with those drivers at about 600w each. Got any pictures of the previous drivers?
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    I made some guesses from the picture and I'm back to about 4-4.5 cu ft per driver so the original simulation and the suggestions I made stand.. cut those ports off and get the cx2310 and you should be good with those drivers at about 600w each. Got any pictures of the previous drivers?
    1200w is Max the Peavey amp would do in ideal conditions I believe. The previous drivers are b&c sp1806 4 ohm. I might have the part number wrong but the 8 ohm versions are back ordered for 6/15 on parts express.

Quote Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
    1200w is Max the Peavey amp would do in ideal conditions I believe.
    What is the model number and how was it connected, bridged or 1 driver per channel? If it was bridged into a pair of 4ohm drivers that is a 2ohm load which most amps won't be happy with, 1 driver per channel would have been fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Defiance View Post
    The previous drivers are b&c sp1806 4 ohm. I might have the part number wrong but the 8 ohm versions are back ordered for 6/15 on parts express.
    Probably an 18ps46 or 18ps76, reconing those is cheaper than buying the same driver new and when that is done you can chose a 4 or 8 ohm kit.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    What is the model number and how was it connected, bridged or 1 driver per channel? If it was bridged into a pair of 4ohm drivers that is a 2ohm load which most amps won't be happy with, 1 driver per channel would have been fine though.

Probably an 18ps46 or 18ps76, reconing those is cheaper than buying the same driver new and when that is done you can chose a 4 or 8 ohm kit.
    Yeah 18PS76-4. I didnt see any recone kits available for 4-ohm? Think a pair of those makes sense than the original ones I posted?