Thread: Hi from Sheffield

Smile Hi from Sheffield

Hi all,

Great to be here.

I spend most of my time running a small live sound business, but recently picked up a controller and I plan to expand operations to include DJing - I already have all the sound equipment, so it makes a lot of sense.

Chances are I'll be asking a lot of stupid questions about DJing, but I'm hoping to make up for that with my knowledge of speakers, amplifiers, mics and processing.

Quick picture of some of the subs (I have 8 in total):

15", custom built by yours truly. 1000w long-term power handling from the Faital Pro 15HP1060 drivers. Sub amp is a Crown MA12000i. You can also see the 2x10" tops at the back of the picture.

Cheers, all.
    Chris

Welcome to the forums!
    This is my signature.

Nice to have you here. I have speaker envy of those giant bassbins.
    If you know even a little about music and sound, DJing should come very easy.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Cheers, gents.

The subs aren't actually that big, at 440mm x 600mm x 440mm (HWD), but pack a decent punch thanks to the nice drivers and dropping a couple of kilowatts into each cabinet.
    I did this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXuV...ature=youtu.be - with four of them and a pair of tops in total. 85dBC-slow (103dB peak) at the camera position, around 280' from the speakers.

The controller I've picked up is a Numark N4, which I chose for the straightforward layout and option to connect external devices if the laptop goes down.
    I'm sure anyone here could do many wonderful things with it. For now, I can get the BPM of different tracks to line up (more or less), but any attempts to crossfade between songs often results in coming in half-way through a verse, and not-quite-keeping-tempo.

I'll keep practicing.

Chris

Welcome. We can always use a little extra knowledge around here. We do have some good sound guys here & I am sure yall will be an asset together.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php