Thread: Moving Head Wash/Spot Combo LED under $1K? Options

Moving Head Wash/Spot Combo LED under $1K? Options

Mobile DJ, (Corner of the room) Use X4 2.2M Quad Truss Totems looking at throwing a Mover on the top mostly being used to wash the draping at a venue which I sampled with a par can on a tripod at that height and one $30 par can yielded better results than X8 Blizzard Touch sticks and 8 Pucks around the room. Of course the nature of this ballroom did give me good results but the point is X4 movers would have achieved not only an amazing result I could clamp additonal par cans to the top of the truss add truss warmers with scrims to not only give me that Slick pro Look, and add additional wash if required in a bigger venue, BUT come first dance or if its an award night could have the lights swing into a cue or spot where necessary to a stage or somewhere and IE wedding dance break into a slow prism or H20 effect or what have you.

So Im just wondering is there a half decent hybrid (Spot/wash). Ballroom (along with others in our area only accommodates about 200PAX at MAXIMUM capacity (mostly weddings 60-100) so dont need no Vl2500 or MAC 2000 but since iam not in an area where i can check out some stuff in action I value what your all playing with. at last check the ADJ was the leader with their units But with so many players now for me its reliability is the big thing EG I need 4 but will probably buy 6 so I have a spare.

Needed 4 toughsticks (Blizzard) We bought X8 toughsticks and had them sent here to Australia and two from day one had issues still do EG one quadrant of red wont work another the first two channels are reversed? tried it all and Blizzard were understanding but logistically it was a nightmare. Even organising their custom 3 pin DMX and Power extensions was no easy thing. Still here we are now. On the flip side the RGBA Battery Pucks we got are still going well have been heavily used and still hold an amazing battery life. They are used twice a week. I could not be happier with the results. If only they had a remote or the cost of the Wireless DMX adapters came down a bit more I cant see why i would not get some more ALTHOUGH those APE lights look brilliant but so small that I would worry all night if someone is pocketing one LOL

Like a mover less than $1000 USD/AUD but not ruling out options more if they are well justified.

Spotted this i know its a narrow visionary but packs alot probably priced high too I only spotted in an email from KPO or.. someone
    http://www.elationlighting.com/dartz-360

Advice warmly received.
    OP
    Last edited by wapples; 05-16-2018 at 07:14 PM. Reason: ADDITIONAL

Check out the movers from Aliexpress, I have fixtures from several sellers there, 60w movers from 2 different sellers and wireless flat parts from Rasha that are very good.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

I just got 6 x Chauvet Intimidator Spot 375z for a venue and they are GREAT! Verrrrrry bright and have a good tight spot and also can do a CRAZY wide zoom (in addition to focus) PLUS a 5 facet prism. With smaller rooms that you are doing- it is important to have a wide angle to be able to do wall washes and get the size you need to wash the wall.

Take the lights out of focus with zoomed wide and prism and you have a solid "Wash/frost" look that is fine for mobile events

Can be had for about $900/ea if you haggle down and the only downside is the gobos are pretty blah if you plan to do a breakup pattern or anything on the wall so I would plan to order a new gobo for them all for that use.

You can also pickup 4 of the tried and true 355zs for about 3k and still have 1k left over in your budget