Thread: Mixing on Facebook Live?

Mixing on Facebook Live?

Has anyone had success with mixing on facebook live doing top40/open format? I tried for the first time tonight and was an absolute disaster

I had some issues with my mixer that I couldnt hear live, but the big issue was copyright infringement issues. I had popups saying to stop streaming almost every 2 minutes until it finally forced me to stop. Is there any other live streaming options or is the live streaming ability limited to music without vocals?

From doing FB livestreams every week for over a year now, mainstream stuff will get you kicked off quick. The more underground, the better. Might want to look into Twitch, Chew.tv, or Caffeine if you want to do more mainstream music

Quote Originally Posted by Achmiel View Post
    From doing FB livestreams every week for over a year now, mainstream stuff will get you kicked off quick. The more underground, the better. Might want to look into Twitch, Chew.tv, or Caffeine if you want to do more mainstream music
    I never really noticed the streams I've watched weren't more mainstream and usually underground until I went live. I'll look into those!

FB Live sucks. I tried it a couple of times, but it will shut you down if you play anything someone knows.

I use chew.tv and obs. I am using it tonight.

what is exactly needed to play live? do u need a good camera? and can you recommend one? also the audio, do you just directly connect mixer to pc?

I have to web cams - they are not expensive. Then you can get OBS and setup your cams via that using a usb port for your cams. Then in OBS, adjust your settings to whatever streaming service you are going to use. (Chew, FB, etc.)

Before you start buying loads of webcams and gear, I would suggest starting simple. The easiest way is to use an iRig2 plugged into your cellphone (a headphone-jack equipped cellphone).