Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecting Entry level controller to Active speakers

Connecting Entry level controller to Active speakers

Hey guys i recently bought a ddj-sb3 entry level DJ controller and it only has a red and white RCA output on the back, i own 2x Behringer Eurolive B115D active speakers, i was wondering if i could just run RCA to XLR from my controller into the XLR input on the back of my speakers? cheers

Need Help with Connecting Controller to Speakers

Hey guys i recently bought a ddj-sb3 entry level DJ controller and it only has a red and white RCA output on the back, i own 2x Behringer Eurolive B115D active speakers, i was wondering if i could just run RCA to XLR from my controller into the XLR input on the back of my speakers? cheers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by johnodono View Post
    Yes you can, you just need the right cable(s), something like this https://www.djstore.com/chord-190057...SABEgJexPD_BwE

will probably do it

awesome thanks!!

That works - but you can also save a bit of money and purchase two RCA to TS 1/4" cables as XLR cables are usually more expensive. The receptacles on the speakers can take both XLR or TS/TRS cables (as it's a special receptacle called a Neutrik combo connector)

To keep this easy, connect the white RCA to left jack and red RCA to the right jack on your controller. Then connect each to the corresponding speaker's Input 1 (Pic below). Done.

Last edited by KLH; 05-10-2018 at 09:56 AM.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Quote Originally Posted by johnodono View Post
    i was wondering if i could just run RCA to XLR from my controller into the XLR input on the back of my speakers?
    Yes that will work but you may experience noise(buzz or hum). The jacks on the Behringers are actually XLR/TRS combo so the most readily available cable solution would be a pair of long RCA to TS cables.. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...cpr203-3-meter

If you experience noise with that setup then the best solution is to invest in a small desktop pro sound mixer with balanced outputs, https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...r-with-effects

This mixer is connected to your speakers with long TRS to XLR cables https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...-cable-20-foot

and your controller would be connected to one of the mixers line inputs with a short version of the RCA to TS cables I mentioned above.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

crossposts are not allowed + please post in the correct section

posts merged in beginners

The "noise" problem conanski refers to is usually AC hum - unbalanced (RCA) cables are more susceptible to picking this up. You can minimize it by keeping the controller to speaker cables as short as possible, and as far from the AC wires as you can. If they need to cross each other, cross at a 90 degree angle.

A pair of DI Boxes would also do the trick for longer cable runs

all these replies have not gone unnoticed, thankyou all for the help i really appreciate it