Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choose new speakers? QSC K12.2 vs Pioneer XPRS12 vs JBL SRX812p?

Question Choose new speakers? QSC K12.2 vs Pioneer XPRS12 vs JBL SRX812p?

Hello folks

I'm looking to new speakers but there are so much models... it's really not easy to choose.
    The speakers would be used for parties of 80 to 150 people (maybe 200) and the music is most of the time 70,80,90 or 2018 commercial / house / hardstyle.
    So I'm looking for speakers with enought bass to be abble to use them without sub.
    I've selected 3 models but I didn't had the chance to hear them until now :s
    - QSC k12.2
    - Pioneer XPRS12
    - JBL SRX812p

Can you please give me your advice on them?
    Have you already heard them?
    Would you advice me an other model?

Thank you in advance

Take a look at the EV ETX 12p tops, very clean, lots of processing power, lots of headroom & a very rugged build quality.
    If I had to play only for people who liked the music because they heard it on the radio, it wouldn't make me happy. -- David Guetta

I agree with the ETX but go for the 10's, more than enough for your size event.
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

Quote Originally Posted by BillESC View Post
    I agree with the ETX but go for the 10's, more than enough for your size event.
    I don't think 10s are a good idea for up to 200 people - especially playing house / hardstyle... 12s minimum, 15s better IMO.

Al
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

Quote Originally Posted by maverick8001 View Post
    Hello folks

I'm looking to new speakers but there are so much models... it's really not easy to choose.
    The speakers would be used for parties of 80 to 150 people (maybe 200) and the music is most of the time 70,80,90 or 2018 commercial / house / hardstyle.
    So I'm looking for speakers with enought bass to be abble to use them without sub.
    I've selected 3 models but I didn't had the chance to hear them until now :s
    - QSC k12.2
    - Pioneer XPRS12
    - JBL SRX812p

Can you please give me your advice on them?
    Have you already heard them?
    Would you advice me an other model?

Thank you in advance

What brands are most easily available and affordable over there?
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

I would personally go with the k12s, i like the look and versatility of them.

Also add a sub or 2.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown DJ View Post
    Also add a sub or 2.
    Hes looking for speakers that can be used without a sub

My vote would typically go to the QSC and we have a fleet of that gear the KW122 is my pick 3/4 of my jobs are just me with a pair of them NO SUB But adding that sub WOW acoustically and sonically will raise the bar even higher but be prepared for a bit more upper body strength moving it yourself LOL. But in this case I will have to say EV especially if its a stepping stone up. I just think the EV stuff is so darn solid. I have had some minor issues with the QSC and they have been enough that i would really think about going EV if i started again still QSC EV they are both great! Listen to BILLESC he has some very SOUND advice LOL

FYI I still choose my KW122 over the KW152 I swear they it the bass harder and i can push them infact I cant even think of the last time I had the 15's out on any job? Oh and the 8,10,12 usually better dispersion of the horn which really does tick more boxes for your application

OPOAT
    Last edited by wapples; 05-16-2018 at 07:27 PM. Reason: STUFFED UP GRAMMATICALLY AS USUAL

I own a pair of QSC k12.2's - it has 2 settings (I think Dance and Bass Boost) that can be used so that you have more bass. Generally I would use 2 15's if I wanted more bass without a sub but the QSC k12.2's handle bass as well as some 15's so it might meet your needs.