Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CDJ Suggestions

C-Note, sorry I never answered your question above until now. I do like the XDJ-1000/mk2s and they have held up nicely to being brought out for multiple parties and festivals with no major issues.

My friend has CDJ2000nxs (not nxs2) which I played on not long ago and I have to admit they feel more solid and pro, the jog wheel feels nicer.. so I actually looked into swapping my XDJs for a pair of those since used 2000nxs have come down in price, but what I found out is that there are some features I'd be losing because the XDJ1000mk2 is really like a 2000nxs2 in software features. So I opted to stick with them. They are really quite nice and a bargain in the Pioneer world considering what you would pay for 2000nxs2 to get nearly the same feature set.

My only complaint is that I bought them for the big screen and Pioneer goes and wastes a lot of that screen so I can't always see the track name, artist, key, and BPM all at the same time in browse mode.. annoying. But that's a Pioneer problem not an XDJ problem...

Quote Originally Posted by CarlNapp View Post
    I've read about the rekordbox limitations of the 350 but i'm not sure if i got it right; can you set a cue point in rekordbox for each of your song (just the starting cue on the first beat, thats all i need) and then export these prepared songs on your USB drive? will the CDJ 350 be able to read these? or is this whole rekordbox preparation limited to the higher models? i found totally different information about this.
    I've used CDJ-350's (or 400's, can't remember which) once and they were ok, it's just that I've always disliked mp3/USB players because of the messy file system navigation (edit : also in my experience mp3/data CDs are much more prone to become unreadable over time, USB drives are no different because you read/write them continuously)

They are also much smaller than the CDJ-800/1000 footprint players for example so probably a very good choice for a hardware-conscious mobile DJ (or someone practicing at home)

On the other hand the whole Rekordbox thing is a very foreign subject to me.. I've never bothered to find out what's so special about it, but a lot of people seem to be using it which is why I'm interested.

I think I've seen the software being used though. It reminded me more of someone doing a drug deal on the internet than setting cue points, kind of like the scene in the movie Requiem for a Dream where the drug haul comes into town and the dealer opens the briefcase while peeling an orange; very intimi****** indeed.

I used to have a pair of 350 with DJM 350 and i loved them! Good price-performance ratio. And of course, USB feature too.

those nexus 2's look pretty neat 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Like View Post
    those nexus 2's look pretty neat 8)

Thread is from 2018.

Closed.