Thread: FOG CURTAINS DIY best way

FOG CURTAINS DIY best way

Spotted in a Youtube. Then googled more about dog curtains. Seems like a good thing I can use at a school disco. Saw both shooting up and aerial hang falling down. I would probably go for the shooting up but down is good to of made right. Just a nice output fog machine and a good fan to push it through the duct and into the pipe with holes but curious if anyone has made or bought one and if so what’s the best instructions and technique to make something that is portable to take to gigs and easy and let’s face cheap all ideas welcome
    Like this
    https://youtu.be/uilc4ko2ygU
    OP

Interesting concept but I don't know how practical it is, I can see something like this being useful in a theater setting but not so much outside that. If you use cooled(low lying) fog it will naturally want to fall down and roll across the floor, but regular fog/haze will immediately climb back up over things and fill the room.. as it did in the video, and then what is the point of the complicated delivery system. Still if you wanted to try it out building something wouldn't cost much and it could be reasonably portable if setup on the floor, some 3" PVC pipe for the manifold, a 3" fan to push fog through it and the fogger could just fire right into the end of the manifold.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

We made a fog curtain back in the 80's. 4" PVC pipe with 1" diameter holes drilled on 6" centers. We discovered after testing, we had to glue 1" OD pieces of tube into the holes for the fog to drop straight down.

We used dry ice fog machines for the effect. Worked like a charm.
    BillESC
    Lighting, Sound & Video since 1973
    804-435-6858 [email][bill@entsyscorp.com]

https://youtu.be/_8KBA4vXyO0
    Watch from the 15 second mark
    I knew I would find this again. See I’m interestsd in blasting it from the ground up as you say it wants to rise and this is a nice way to do it it almost looks like a pre done attachment for the fogger
    OP

I did something similar for a Halloween wedding years ago. But I filled the pvc with frozen water bottles to chill the fog even more and sent it into the middle instead so it came out both sides almost evenly