Thread: Just got kicked off Wedding Wire

Just got kicked off Wedding Wire

Grab a cup of coffee or a beverage...

Long story short, I paid $125 a month to be on Wedding Wire so I expect at least, the clients to not be Craigslist caliber. Not so. I've been getting low ball offers that would bring joy to a newbie who's never played anywhere and owns crap equipment or anger to someone who pays $125 a month for at least SOMEBODY WHO WANTS TO PAY AT LEAST $297 for a reception package (my lowest)
    I got scammers---"Do you take credit cards?" "I am out of the country now but we can pay you when I get back with a credit card" "Are you available to play for my daughters birthday?" (I find out Google Maps points to an abandon warehouse across town)

So the straw that broke the camel's back was this lady, named Kay Car. (is that real name?) Here's her request.
    1. Looking for someone to DJ a wedding reception
    2. Just bring your laptop, we will supply the audio
    3. We need just music for our guests.

I answer back
    1. Is it at a hotel or restaurant? ---No answer but it says she read it.
    2. If I blow up your home system, am I liable for damages?----No answer but says she read it.
    3. Hello are you still there?---No answer but says she read it.

A day later, I see her SAME AD ON CRAIGSLIST
    So I write back:
    Thank you for your interest, blah blah (Its a form letter from Wedding Wire)
    but I added in, "I hope you aren't serving Subway at your reception"
    BOOM!!! a Quick answer---"I think I'll write a review for you"

First of all you can't write a review if you never hired the vendor. But she also went ahead and
    wrote a bad review on me on YELP, which I requested to have removed since I never met the broad.

Also what infuriated me was Wedding Wire. They emailed me to warn me about messages like that.
    I asked back, who's the paying vendor me or that lady? I've been with them for 2 years and I do not
    like a website threatening me. Wedding Wire went on to threaten me with breaking my contract which up
    for renewal in November if I get another infraction.

Lets go back to last week. Still ZERO leads from Wedding Wire. But...
    Here comes a guy who wants a DJ right smack on the beach---sand, wind, no shade and no power.

So I inform the client:
    1. Need a gas power generator---read it but no answer
    also may need a permit for the generator.
    2. When is the wedding?---read it---June 14th

I answer back:
    1. Are you still there? Need to talk about the generator ---No answer but read my question.
    2. Are you serious or just enjoy wasting DJ's time?---No answer but read my question

These are the stellar LEADS from Wedding Wire. Apparently somebody got their feelings hurt and Wedding Wire kicked me
    off the site. Good. I saved $775. And their motto is, screw the vendors, we care more about the potential clients---which
    in my opinion suck balls. I'm going to have to check my checking acct. to see if those slimeballs try to auto pay for May.
    Anyways, thats my experience with Wedding Wire. Its Thumbtack but more expensive and a huge waste of time & money.
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller

Wedding Wire has been trying to get me to join their site for quite some time now. They have called & we have talked. They havent impressed me yet. Not for $125 per month & a year contract... aint no way I'd pay that based on our conversations when we have talked.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

I'd copy paste this on every review website I know of, doing so would lose them some business and help other DJs avoiding this scam. Looks like they're getting loads of very negative reviews from people with very similar stories.

2. Just bring your laptop, we will supply the audio
    Reminds me of that gig some time before the internet, I was told I was going to get the venue's PA system. On arrival I was told to use something like this:

Except with no usb in and no CD player.

Last edited by Manu; 04-14-2018 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    I'd copy paste this on every review website I know of, doing so would lose them some business and help other DJs avoiding this scam. Looks like they're getting loads of very negative reviews from people with very similar stories.

Reminds me of that gig some time before the internet, I was told I was going to get the venue's PA system. On arrival I was told to use something like this:

I just spit out Diet Coke,,,bwahahahahahah!!
    .."You can NEVER go too far"---Ferris Bueller

Sorry about that, with hindsight it always made me smile

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    WHAT? NO USB IN?

Animals.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...