Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DJ request via text

Quote Originally Posted by KLH View Post
    Traktor has the ability to send the artist and track metadata when broadcasting/streaming. I wonder if the stream can be converted into a tweet or text and sent when the track changes... if that's what you want to do.
    I've actually been trying to figure out how to send track ID's to Open Broadcaster Software. I didn't know Traktor had such feature, I might have to look into it.

EDIT : I think the problem is when in external mode.. the program doesn't know which deck is playing.

EDIT 2 : but yeah, I'd figure some of the techniques and methods pirate radio stations use (especially telephone hybrids and all the weird DIY stuff related to it) put many commercial radio stations and phone companies to shame..

EDIT 3 : and I do believe there's been an incident where some crafty broadcaster has hacked the household phone line for personal radio station use.. I think the only solution is to get a new number from the phone company, or use something like a DTMF decoder but that's another thing (sorry for the off-topic)

Traktor has the ability to send the artist and track metadata when broadcasting/streaming. I wonder if the stream can be converted into a tweet or text and sent when the track changes... if that's what you want to do.
    https://www.disconova.com/utu/traktor-metadata/

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    Link to secret Traktor voodoo
    Umm... woah...

Last edited by KLH; 04-17-2018 at 07:28 AM.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.

Quote Originally Posted by Rek_Aviles View Post
    I know this guy in person.. I've actually played a gig with him. He's also a very skilled software engineer, works for a major IT company these days I believe.

As to "I've actually been trying to figure out how to send track ID's to Open Broadcaster Software":
    Window Capture of Traktor within OBS, crop said capture down to whatever you want to show (hold alt, drag box to surround whatever you want to show - waveforms, trackIDs, whatever) - voila. Word of caution - capping and cropping things live can bog down a lower end machine.

As to sending track IDs from Traktor to Twitter. - check out RADR (which now also supports Kuvo ecosystems as well)

Silly me for offtopic.

Umm... woah...

Quote Originally Posted by efinque View Post
    I know this guy in person.. I've actually played a gig with him. He's also a very skilled software engineer, works for a major IT company these days I believe.
    Small world. I came across a forum post that lead me to that link a while back.

with Virtualdj software you can set this up where the ppl can send requests directly to the DJs program. https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/vi.../askthedj.html

Hu look at that, it's right in Virtual DJ!
    At the bottom it also mentions adding a Twitter account.
    Very cool.
    Like mentioned before, I'm still not 100% sold on the idea, just thinking about it.

Requests is not a nightmare anymore !

How many times you had to interrupt your mix or miss the sweet mixing spot just to take a request from your customer/audience ? How many times you had to ask customer to repeat his request or even write that down for you ?
    Well, that time is over. VirtualDJ has brought a unique feature for all DJs and makes request fun (and even profitable )
    Take a look here https://www.virtualdj.com/ask/setup.html

VirtualDJ -- AskTheDJ -- Alleluia

Quote Originally Posted by djdad1970 View Post
    How many times you had to interrupt your mix or miss the sweet mixing spot just to take a request from your customer/audience ? How many times you had to ask customer to repeat his request or even write that down for you ?
    Well, that time is over. VirtualDJ has brought a unique feature for all DJs and makes request fun (and even profitable )
    Take a look here https://www.virtualdj.com/ask/setup.html

VirtualDJ -- AskTheDJ -- Alleluia
    This has been mentioned in another thread, I am redirecting your post there. Besides your link does not work:
    Virtualdj.com

"session expired"
    Last edited by Manu; 06-05-2018 at 12:37 PM.