Thread: I’m new - thoughts on Gemini PT1000 / Stanton t62 ?

I’m new - thoughts on Gemini PT1000 / Stanton t62 ?

Hello all...

Sorry if I sound ingnorant or if my post resembles many other on this board. I’m new to the world of turntables and dj’ing in general. I would like to get into it as a hobbies and I’m not lookin for anything fancy. I found two Gemini PT 1000s (no needle) and two Stanton t62s(claim to be new-ish) for sale in my area. I wasn’t considering buying used, but both seem like a good deal. I read some reviews on both, but in particular of the the pt1000s, none seem to be very recent. Your thoughts are greatly apprappreciated.

Steve

Steve, I'd stay away from the PT-1000's. I started DJ'ing in '99. I went through, I believe, 3 tiers of Gemini setups, including PT 1000's, before actually purchasing Technics. It was huge waste of money and time. I should have just bought the Techs from the jump. The reason being, the Gemini turntables were all jump in some fashion or the other, and they do not hold your value. If you buy used Technics, or any other used reputable turntable, they will hold their value. Meaning, if you don;t like the hobby, you can always sell the turntables for near or more than what you bought them for. That's not the case with Geminis.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.... I ended up going with the technics “lp120”. So far I’m enjoying the struggle of trying to bear match on vinyl. It’s been a fun ride so far and I’m glad I found this community that undoubtedly has tons of experience.

Steve