Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pio Djm t1 vs. rane 57 sl

pio Djm t1 vs. rane 57 sl

I'm a fairly new dj looking to get in the game with the right gear. Any pointers?

Have you seen the Rane Sixty One and Sixty Two?

It all comes down to preference. Pioneer and Rane mixers feel very different, and of course Serato Scratch Live and Traktor Scratch Pro are different.

I would suggest trying them out a local retailer.

I've seen the new rane mixers but I'm afraid the 57 would be at the top of my price range....

Quote Originally Posted by djrockwell View Post
    I've seen the new rane mixers but I'm afraid the 57 would be at the top of my price range....
    That makes sense if you're buying used. Otherwise the 61 is cheaper than the 57.

Has Rane released the pricing of the 61 n 62? Last I heard they were all rumors

Quote Originally Posted by NICK NASTIE View Post
    You're probably right, I'm just going by what dealers have posted. Since the mixers are being released this month, I'm just assuming they have that info.

Haven't heard much on the 61's/62's but would definitely go for the T1 over the TTM57... Of course keep in mind Serato allows for you to mix video...

Quote Originally Posted by NICK NASTIE View Post
    The MAP pricing is released. most retailers are selling it for ten percent off MAP if you call in and ask for a deal.

But will video save serato?
    Of course I will be forced to use ssl in the club but I'm already fairly confident with it. Why should I choose yesterdays dj software?
    somebody show me a sign

from what i understand the t1 hasn't been very successful. the 57 has been a very popular mixer. if you want to get traktor perhaps try a different mixer with a NI soundcard.

also, if serato is used in the clubs around you...i would recommend getting serato to practice with. having some level of congruence when you play out is important. considering your "fairly new" to djing...it sounds like your competence level isn't as high as you confidence level with serato. before you play in a club that has an installed system, you should be an expert in the program and gear instead of just "fairly confident." you wouldn't believe how many issues i've seen in clubs from people not knowing the basics of their program or gear. there is nothing wrong with having both programs...in fact i encourage it. but if your goal is to one day have a residency at a club...knowing the standard is a must.

and the myth that serato or traktor is better than the other is wrong. both programs have proven themselves and it comes down to personal preference.