Thread: Yorkville NX25P-2

Yorkville NX25P-2

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Yorkville NX25P-2 for light DJ work (Coupled with a 12 inch passive sub). 3000-5000 square feet and max of 250 people. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    David

I've heard the 25P but not the -2.. but it's a pretty nice sounding speaker for a relatively budget model.. and would do ok for "light" work that is to say background music. But in a 5000ft space I'd say it's not really the choice for dance music. And one 12 inch sub in 5000 ft is definitely not going to cut it even "light". I think the 25P with adequate subs would be ok for the lower end of your size range.

Thanks for you input. Much appreciated.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by djackman123 View Post
    Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Yorkville NX25P-2 for light DJ work (Coupled with a 12 inch passive sub). 3000-5000 square feet and max of 250 people. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    David

Hi Jack, I have tested and reviewed the NX25P-2 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJLdJBeJk88

Overall a good and reliable speaker with good output and sound quality, but 250 is definitely more than it should be expected to handle - unless for announcements or lower level music. A pair of active subs handling the low end would help alot, but not sure a single 12" passive will make a big difference. For wedding type applications up to 100 folks or so, OK, but more than that would require a pair of subs IMO.

Al
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

Al,
    I watched your video on the NX25P-2 speakers. It was very helpful, as were your comments. Think I will get a better idea when I get a sub.

Thanks,
    David