Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to get legal free music for DJ parties

How to get legal free music for DJ parties

Thx ahead of time

It's free for you to use after you pay for it.

Spotify if you want to stream at a private party. Theres no way to legally download most music for free. You can download select sogs and remixes for free on places like soundcloud.

It's a lot easier to simply buy the songs you like and want to play. Unless you're actually into doing what is required.

First you have to be a chart compiler, sending them to all the places that run them, magazines, blogs, shops etc. After a year of 2 of this you'll get asked to review certain tracks, pick what remix you thinks best etc. In exchange for the right to play it, with out owning it, a promo. You're expected to play it and chart it too. After a few more years of that you'll get sent hundreds hundreds of tracks a week, only now can you be more honest in your reviews and charts. But to remain in standing you most keep doing those charts and contribute towards the exposure of the NO1 priorities.

Reacting to every track they send is a full time job initself. The more you do, the more lists you can get on.

Look for "copyright free music", though you won't find much. And regarding DJ parties, you may be completely unable to take requests, since people only request mainstream music that requires purchasing. I never heard anyone asking if I had that dubstep or rock song from Bensound.com

Piracy - post removed
    Last edited by Manu; 02-14-2018 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ macaque View Post
    Piracy - post removed
    It's technically illegal and goes against the copyrights of the original artist.
    Last edited by Manu; 02-14-2018 at 05:39 AM.

How to get legal free music for DJ parties

See also:
    Music Screen
    Bensound

Quote Originally Posted by JackStalk View Post
    It's technically illegal and goes against the copyrights of the original artist.
    And then it sounds like compressed poop.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    And then it sounds like compressed poop.
    I mean, I've totally 100% done it, especially for bootlegs that that remixer doesn't have available for download. Depending on the system you're playing through, a lot of 128kb bootlegs you can get away with sampling in live if you can EQ on the fly.