Thread: Numark DJ2GO2 & old version of Serato DJ Intro?

Numark DJ2GO2 & old version of Serato DJ Intro?

Hello, I'm back into DJing after a little break and have a house party lined up in a week. Here's the thing - I have to travel light and with cheap gear as I don't want to worry about damaging equipment.

I have an old XP laptop running Serato DJ Intro 1.1.0 (the last version compatible with that operating system). Before you judge, this works absolutely fine with Numark Mixtrack Pro 2, I promise! Unfortunately, the Mixtrack has a broken crossfader and so I need a cheap replacement for now (and I'd prefer something more portable for this gig anyway).

So, to get to the point, I was wondering if the Numark DJ2GO2 would work with this earlier version of Serato DJ Intro (1.1.0). (Technically DJ Intro 1.2.9 is the earliest version to offer support for this devise but not sure why it wouldn't work in 1.1.0?)

I hope you can help!..

Strange question indeed.

I would ask (if budget is an issue), why you do not replace the crossfader for about 12 quid.
    The DJ2Go has limited functionality and is not what you would want to be bringing out to a gig.

Also...for about 50-100 quid you could get a better laptop (or upgrade the parts in the laptop you have - sadly you have just missed out on a free update from Win7 to Win10). There is little reason for using a 16 year old OS. Laptops only last a few years at best before becoming too much of a risk at a paying gig.
    bored, curious, deaf or just bad taste in music?
    finally a mix by me
    and what's this, another shoddy mix...another dull mix

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Strange question indeed.

I would ask (if budget is an issue), why you do not replace the crossfader for about 12 quid.
    The DJ2Go has limited functionality and is not what you would want to be bringing out to a gig.

Also...for about 50-100 quid you could get a better laptop (or upgrade the parts in the laptop you have - sadly you have just missed out on a free update from Win7 to Win10). There is little reason for using a 16 year old OS. Laptops only last a few years at best before becoming too much of a risk at a paying gig.
    I have options, I was just wondering if someone could answer the question: will dj2go2 work with Serato Intro 1.1.0?

No.
    All of Serato's software (including the Intro) works by hard-coding the support (you can consider it a sort of midi-mapping) for hardware into the software itself.

Unlike Traktor for example where only HID/native devices have hard-coded support and the third-party devices work by importing midi-mapping files that tell software how to comunicate with the device.

Thanks Slay for money. That's very informative - now I know! Anyway, dj2go2 is out of stock everywhere so I am sticking with mixtrack pro 2 and windows xp - It's actually a very reliable setup. I don't trust my other laptop running Windows 10 so will wait until I can afford a mac before I upgrade again!.. cheers