Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trance Pass the Parcel.....

Trance Pass the Parcel.....

Good afternoon all,

While I was at work today I had a moment of Universal-Omnipresent-Oneness and got an idea....It usually happens while I'm ploughing through hundreds of kilos of vegetables

So anyway I thought we could team up and make a Combined Trance Mega Mix.....Here's what I'm thinking - If this is a retarded idea, I promise not to give up and try harder

Someone starts the mix with the first track and records it.

Upload it onto dropbox and the next guy downloads it and adds whatever song they want to add....Record/upload and repeat until we've all added something. (Obviously the last guy will know the whole mix because he was last....)

The thing would be that the mix at any stage is kept secret from each other and once it's completed it would be awesome to hear what we came up with......

The only draw back would be the poor sucker that is last and has to wait and wait and wait and wait and wait for his chance to add his track on.....

What do you reckon guys....?
    DJ Forum Trance Champion 2013/2014
    Retired

We have done something similar to this is 2012, Myself ad 3 other Dj's that no longer use the site anymore teamed up an created a 2 hour set that we called "Horizons" being that we all lived in opposite ends o the globe we thought Horizons was a pretty cool name, we each had 30. Minutes and we given a BPM range starting at 126ish and finishing at 140, each dj recorded 30 minutes and you had to mix in the first track of Dj ahead of you making it really easy to paste them together into a seemless 2 hour set.

I think if you want to do something this idea works better than 1 track at a time.
    DJF TRANCE CHAMPION 2011
    DEEPER SHADES OF TRANCE - BRINGING YOU THE BIGGEST NAMES IN TRANCE WEEKLY VIA TRANCERADIO.FM

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHynds View Post
    We have done something similar to this is 2012, Myself ad 3 other Dj's that no longer use the site anymore teamed up an created a 2 hour set that we called "Horizons" being that we all lived in opposite ends o the globe we thought Horizons was a pretty cool name, we each had 30. Minutes and we given a BPM range starting at 126ish and finishing at 140, each dj recorded 30 minutes and you had to mix in the first track of Dj ahead of you making it really easy to paste them together into a seemless 2 hour set.

I think if you want to do something this idea works better than 1 track at a time.
    Haha, Unoriginal - Original Ideas brought to you by Vernski That Horizons format sounds like a very good idea...I'm happy to work with anyone on here that wants to do it too
    Retired

I like the idea, but I think it'll be a lot better if we did half hour or hour segments...

I, for instance, would be happy to start it off with a nice long 122-128 stint. Someone could pick it up at 128 and take it to 134, then someone else 134 to 138, and we could even have someone do a raging 140+ set at the end.

Edit: Just read Chris's post. Word.
    DJF Trance Champion 2012
    Sedna - DJ & Producer
    <-- Click it
    Do you believe in a God that tells you lies, or do you believe in me?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisHynds View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sedna View Post
    I like the idea, but I think it'll be a lot better if we did half hour or hour segments...

I, for instance, would be happy to start it off with a nice long 122-128 stint. Someone could pick it up at 128 and take it to 134, then someone else 134 to 138, and we could even have someone do a raging 140+ set at the end.

Edit: Just read Chris's post. Word.
    Looks like we're onto something.......
    Retired

I get dibs on the early BPM... just saying. I don't own a lot of new music in the higher BPM areas... nothing really has interested me.
    DJF Trance Champion 2012
    Sedna - DJ & Producer
    <-- Click it

Quote Originally Posted by Sedna View Post
    I get dibs on the early BPM... just saying. I don't own a lot of new music in the higher BPM areas... nothing really has interested me.
    Damn!!! I'm going through a slow bpm fetish/phase myself right now.....

I'll put my hand up for 128 to 132 then?
    Retired

Nah, Sedna runs game on the lower BPM stuff. I can really mix anything but would prefer to stay +134BPM
    The rest of the world is tired of US interventionism and the US taxpayer is tired of footing the bill for US interventionism. #teamidiot is on the prowl

I would be down, I have a handful of modern tunes and their scattered style / tempo wise so I can fit in anywhere, ideally with a three track set or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta V View Post
    I would be down, I have a handful of modern tunes and their scattered style / tempo wise so I can fit in anywhere, ideally with a three track set or so.
    Delta, why don't you do a classic high BPM session for the end of the mix?
    DJF Trance Champion 2012
    Sedna - DJ & Producer
    <-- Click it