Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wedding DJ - gear upgrade?

Yea I was trying to get it so that all his pieces are as light or lighter that before. But anyway I realize now that you gave pretty much the same advice as me several messages before.. guess I need to pay better attention! But yea anyway agree with ya the ETX is impressive.

Another 15" sub that has rediculous output for it's size is the Yorkville PS15s, it is probably the smallest 15" sub available although it is not the lightest. A set of PS10p's and a single 15" subs would be a potent combination.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    No... in general it is not well liked and that is because it sounds like a typical bandpass sub which is a bit one note centric. Nobody will complain about it's size or output/sq-in ratio and realistically customers aren't likely to complain about a DJs sound unless it's just too loud so it's really just sound men and DJs that have these opinions. But that is valid because a DJ has to listen to his system all the time so he/she has to be happy with it.
    I agree. That's what I meant by comparing it to subs from Best Buy (many were of bandpass designs). When they first came out, I was a fan of the K-sub's size and ergonomics but when I demoed them against traditional bass-reflex DJ subs, I quickly became not a fan.
    Raising the bar...
    http://www.channelliveproductions.com/
    Atlanta DJs / Wedding DJs / Prom DJs ...and more

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    Another 15" sub that has rediculous output for it's size is the Yorkville PS15s, it is probably the smallest 15" sub available although it is not the lightest. A set of PS10p's and a single 15" subs would be a potent combination.
    Yep that's a great sub. Rented it a few times. Small, a bit heavy but easy to move. Also has lots of output for it's size.
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

Guys,
    Thanks so much for the replies, really appreciate it.
    Sadly no Yorkville gear avail in Australia.

Out of interest, anybody have experience yet with EV's
    new ELX200 series?

Cheers
    Deano

Quote Originally Posted by DeanoDJ View Post
    Guys,
    Thanks so much for the replies, really appreciate it.
    Sadly no Yorkville gear avail in Australia.

Out of interest, anybody have experience yet with EV's
    new ELX200 series?

Cheers
    Deano
    For the size of events you're doing, you might consider going with something like the RCF EVOX 8. I recently upgraded from my entry level system, and I'm really impressed with these RCF EVOX 8's. I'm getting ready to buy a third to serve as a backup. They're not much lighter than the 15" subs I was using, but with the top that fits into it, it's a great size... a real space saver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A pair of the RCF HD10s and a 705 AS II is also a good option. Lighter and more compact compared on what you have right now.

No, but they look really nice. I think the new ELX-12 (200 series) with the ELX (200 series) 12 inch power subs look quite nice for a compact traditional setup. Otherwise (stick) and (portable line array systems) are all the talk for portable these days.