Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When is a new CDJ release due out from Pioneer?

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    Yea exactly.. the XDJ-1000 (mk1) is several years old now ans the mk2 is about 18 months old, yet there's still no XDJ-2000.. even though they clearly made room in the lineup for a 2000 by leaving some feature out of the 1000 and by the way they positioned it price wise. So what's up?
    I think a product design and setting up a manufacturing line (+production of enough units for global launch) takes a lot longer than 18 months. Even shipping from Asia is measured in months. Any plans that Pioneer had pre-Denon Prime launch were probably scrapped and they started over (and thats a good thing).

Nobody is going to pay slighly under the NXS2 price for something new that doesn't have the majority of features that Denon introduced with Prime: on board track analysis, dual output, multiple USB ports, performance buttons.

Next generation of CDJ/XDJs will have to be a significant step up - and that means it might pay off to sell existing setups before they come.

I'm not saying they don't pay attention to what Denon is doing, because I'm sure they do. But Denon has ALWAYS piled the features on all their products.. that's always been their game. They had a dual output CDJ a decade ago and Pioneer never went there. Pioneer has always had different design rules than Denon. Personally I tried to like Denon CD decks but they sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    But Denon has ALWAYS piled the features on all their products.. that's always been their game. They had a dual output CDJ a decade ago and Pioneer never went there. Pioneer has always had different design rules than Denon.
    Pre-inMusic Denon had a game of ground-breaking features. This inMusic Denon has a game of polished existing features and upgrades (aka "lets convert Pioneer users"). And thats both good and bad. Lack of inovation in the industry is not good in the long run but users that are increasingly lazy don't tolerate bugs and setbacks and that kills profit for those who dare to venture out of the box.

Obviously you're a Denon fan.. personally I found their decks not "ground breaking" but just flaky and slow. The couple of times I played on a Denon mixer I had problems too. The reason Denon has not gotten my business all these years is not because I am "lazy" but because all their fancy features didn't mean a thing when the CD deck sucks at simply playing a CD. Pioneer was better.. every time. So yea, now I've been using Pioneer all these years.. and I have Pioneer XDJ's now.. I don't use CD anymore.. but still use Pioneer.. and yea Pioneer pisses me off sometimes.. but I trust their stuff.. and it's what my customers expect.

So yea, if they're putting more effort into upgrading existing features, that's a good thing.. because they kind of sucked before. They should have done it 15 years ago.

Yes Pioneer is not going to let go of their hold on the club standard they currently have. Whatever they come out with next will incorporate everything that is needed for that to remain in place as a first priority. I think the new flag-ship model (that replaces the CDJ-2000 Nexus) be a digital only or will it still have that CD payer slot? I would be willing to bet that it may not. I would guess that they would keep the CDJ-900 Nexus model but perhaps the flag ship model become all digital. Not sure. It may not be that expensive for them to incorporate CD player into flag ship model though. Maybe they will just go all out digital with the flag ship model and do all their name implies: Pioneer the new way of things.

It is obvious that the CD player is going to go away and I think they should make an XDJ-2000 Nexus and leave the 900 Nexus hanging around for those who still want a CD player available. It just makes sense. It makes me wonder why the 2000 Nexus still had a CD Player slot to begin with. It probably should have been the XDJ-2000 Nexus They need to make an XDJ with all the features of the CDJ-2000 Nexus.

I think that Denon's SC5000 (CDJ's) have filled gaps for DJ's by providing features Pioneers models didn't have but as someone mentioned above - did not innovate.
    Last edited by Evolved; 12-15-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    Pair of Pioneer CDJ-2000 CD Players, Xone:92 Mixer. Pair of RCF-312A Loudspeakers and 1 RCF 4Pro 8003 18" Sub.

I just found this to. Interesting. http://djtechzone.com/2017/08/pionee...-xdj-2000-now/
    Pair of Pioneer CDJ-2000 CD Players, Xone:92 Mixer. Pair of RCF-312A Loudspeakers and 1 RCF 4Pro 8003 18" Sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
    I think the new flag-ship model (that replaces the CDJ-2000 Nexus)
    Wouldn't that be the "Tour"?

According to Merriam Webster:
    Flagship~ the best, largest, or most important one of a group of things (such as products, stores, etc)
    But the number of US Supreme Court judges was always 6.
    Then it was 5, then 6, then 7, then 9, then 10, then 7, and then 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Windows 95 View Post
    Wouldn't that be the "Tour"?

According to Merriam Webster:
    Flagship~ the best, largest, or most important one of a group of things (such as products, stores, etc)
    The tour is basically a 2000 Nexus 2 with an add-on. The debate I think is whether or not Pioneer finally ditches the CD player.

Just to mention in regard to this inquiry - Since the CDJ-2000NXS2 was released in 2016 then yes I'd think there is a possibility they will not release a replacement model that is different or 'updated' in some way this year at NAMM but who knows. What I am curious about is if they will be replacing the CDJ-900 Nexus. Going to wait until NAMM comes and see if Pioneer displays anything new. If they don't I'm going to immediately go ahead and just buy the CDJ-900 Nexus most likely. NAMM is this month (1/25th-28th) in Anaheim.
    https://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2018

The CDJ-2000NX2 is a great piece of machinery. Even the CDJ2000MK1 is a great player. I own both and almost prefer the mk1s since I spent several years on them and they were just awesome. I would just keep your original cdj2000s. What is your reasoning for upgrading?