Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sennheiser

Sennheiser

Wanting to get a pair of HD 25's but which pair......

Trying read up on which ones to use is just confusing me more, any of you own a pair?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Have you ever tried some? Personally I don't like headphones sitting on the ears.

They're pretty much the same, apart one is made of aluminium so a bit more solid, will sound a little better because of structure rigidity. Not sure if it's worth that sort of price though.

Hi manu, no I've not tried them ideally I'd like to try all three to see if there is any difference. I've used pioneer a couple of times and was going for the hdj 700's but recently been told the Sennheiser HD 25's far out way pioneer when it comes to mixing

So the plus is the aluminium ones, bit the basics and the others are the same when it comes to sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    Have you ever tried some? Personally I don't like headphones sitting on the ears.

They're pretty much the same, apart one is made of aluminium so a bit more solid, will sound a little better because of structure rigidity. Not sure if it's worth that sort of price though.
    Yep I don't like on-ear headphones either .
    They hurting my ears when I wear 'em more than 30 mins and less sound isolating than full-size hps .

@Amz91 I suggest you a full-size headphone for more comfortable & better performing .
    But if you use it while traveling then it's more convenient to have a on-ear .
    You should try to listen both types and different models to find the fit one .
    From HaNoi with love

I don't know what their talking about, I love my pair of HD25-II's so much I bought a pair of Amperiors for backup.

It's very confusing.. but the headphones are the same.. the only diff is that the lower price package has just the headphones and one cord. The high priced one comes with extra earpads (velour), extra cord (coiled), and carry bag. The middle one, not sure.

But watch out that you don't get whatever they call the old HD25SP model.. those have a single piece headband not the split headband.. and they sound different too. So yea, as long as they have the split headband and all plastic.. that is what you want.

Personally I don't like velour earpads nor coil cords.. so the cheap package is just great for me.

Love love love these headphones... why?

- VERY light weight! (You'd have to go with in ear monitors to find lighter headphones)
    - Most durable headphones you'll ever own!
    - Great sound!
    - Great sound isolation! (Yes, even though they are on ear!)

...only gripe, the small cables that connect to the headphones can become a little loose, and will need a little nudge now and then, if you are unlucky. But they are replaceable so...

They are the best headphones I ever used for DJ'ing, if I ever look for other headphones it would be for home listening. For me the durability factor is key, I've broken so many headphones but the Sennheiser just keep going, except for the loose cable thing, but a little nudge now and then and it's all good.

Agree with monkeystyle, the HD25 (formerly known as HD25-1 II) is what I've had for over 12 years now and each time I try other 'phones I see no reason to change. The aiaiai were supposed to be HD25-killers but they were not. Other phones sound good and are loud and many have more bass than the HD25 but they are also bigger and usually heavier.. and really I do not need more bass than the HD25 provides.. They are very good monitoring headphones what you hear is what's there no more no less.. and they are light, sturdy and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by light-o-matic View Post
    and they are light, sturdy and comfortable.
    Comfortable?
    I can't think of any headphone that is more uncomfortable.
    They sit directly on your ears as tight as vise grips.
    The U.S. pentagon budget consumes 80% of individual income tax revenue. The Pentagon spends more on war than all 50 states combined spend on health, education, welfare, and safety.