Thread: CDJ 1000s amd a Serato DJ enabled mixer?

CDJ 1000s amd a Serato DJ enabled mixer?

Ive got the og CDJ 1000s just sitting in a flight case now for the last 3 years. They were working fine before I put them away.
    Has anyone used the CDJ 1000s with Serato DJ (without the XLink and all the other new features that the 2000s have)?
    I know the Serato Link CDs should work I just have not been able to find my official disc

Would the RMX 90 DVS or DDJ SX2 be able to run Serato with the CDJs?
    DJF Member Since '02

You can download the timecode wav file online and burn it onto a CD. Yes, any Serato DJ enabled or "club kit" certified mixer will work with those timecode CD playing back from any kind of player (hell, even a discman will work). Wether SDJ will work properly that depends on your laptop. Depending on mixer/controller used, for DVS to work you will have to purchase either SDJ standalone licence or DVS add on or both (Club Kit package).

If you don't use regular CDs to mix anymore, I would sell them before they have any more value left.

Well, I finally got them up and running and had to share.
    Nothing like getting 23 year old CDJ's and 21 year old Turntables up and running on Serato.
    First used them with Scratch Live in 05 and now with Phase / RMX 90 DVS, I'm back in business.
    Just looking for a good effects unit for Stems, thinking about an XP2

DJF Member Since '02