Thread: Does this ever happen to you?

Does this ever happen to you?

Really odd thing happens to me at most gigs.

I will find that I get a song requested (that I rarely play) and then it pops up again at my next gig too. This week it's John Denver's Annie's Song. I never play it but for some odd reason I'm now playing it 2 gigs in a row!

Welcome to DJF, mechanicalmoose. This happens to me every once in a while. It's kinda funny because I'll often not have that song, and I'll buy it only to never have it requested again.

Another thing that happens is a track that plays only to a small group of people at the event and triggers the vast majority. Like a hip-hop tune at a country event or vice versa. Then I get into conversations like:

"Why'd you play that trash?"

"Your friend requested it."

"Oh."

Gotta love it.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.

Bizarre isn't it

Happens all the time. Some old songs that are randomly requested end up being stable players for a long time. I love those kind of requests, especially ones outside the obvious.

It happens to me as well. Usually it turns out the song in question was featured in a movie/TV series/commercial or similar, so it's not as out of the blue and odd as it seemed at first.

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicalmoose View Post
    Really odd thing happens to me at most gigs.

I will find that I get a song requested (that I rarely play) and then it pops up again at my next gig too. This week it's John Denver's Annie's Song. I never play it but for some odd reason I'm now playing it 2 gigs in a row!

Things come in three's sometimes.

I've had it happen a time or two. Sometimes I'll get it if I dont have it but unless it was requested before the event by the client, I usually dont worry about getting it.
    1) Contract, Contract, Contract!

2) Join VIP & support DJF: http://www.djforums.com/forums/payments.php

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel S View Post
    It happens to me as well. Usually it turns out the song in question was featured in a movie/TV series/commercial or similar, so it's not as out of the blue and odd as it seemed at first.
    ^ This
    Video games can also trigger an old (or obscure) song.
    The U.S. pentagon budget consumes 80% of individual income tax revenue. The Pentagon spends more on war than all 50 states combined spend on health, education, welfare, and safety.

Me too, sometimes it happens to me. And also alot when i changed the style of the music. For example 80's till now, And then 1 hour later people ask again to play a song from the 80's but that is not good for the atmosphere if you know what i mean