Hello dear community,

I am planing on investing in a little home setup. 2 turntables and a nice full analog rotary mixer.

I have a SL3 that I use for DJing with serato. Really love it and I like being able to switch between digital tracks and normal vinyls.

Now with the setup I want to do, I would really like NOT to loose any sound quality. Ideally, I'd plug from the TT onto the mixer directly for my when I want to play records. But I would like to have the SL3 plugged in, so TT -> SL3 -> Mixer so I wouldn't have to unplug/replug RCAs every time I want to play vinyl only or with Serato. But I'm wondering if I would loose on sound quality.

SL3 on fully THRU (as in without even a laptop plugged in, just powered and letting the normal vinyl going through the box) takes the Analog signal, makes it Digital, then back again Analog. They do that so they can apply the Phono Sensitivity parameters (not too sure what it does).

Would't that result in a loss of sound quality?

Another potential solution would be to have a RCA switch per TT. Something like that.
Would be good because I could do TT -> Switch, then one Switch output goes into the phono entry of the Mixer, the other one goes to the SL3, then from SL3 onto the line in entry of the Mixer. That way I can switch when I want to play directly from turntable to mixer, or with laptop. But similar question: signal going through a switch can led to loss of sound quality...

What are your thoughts? Which would be best?

Thanks peeps!