Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless DMX

I have a battery powered Donner system and have had great luck with it for over a year. I have not seen any lags and the only issue I run into is making sure the batteries are charged and if not run a power cable to the receiver.
    A.W. Entertainment

I actually just picked up that same set for shits and giggles and was pretty impressed with them for the price. However, I will say that, like most cheap wireless DMX options, they have to have PERFECT line of sight... If they don't they will lag a little at best, and freak out for long periods of time at worst - even at short distances.

For the high end stuff we use LumenRadio wireless DMX but it's pricey. It's good for a quarter mile line of sight and is rock solid through multiple concrete walls at shorter distances. But we still don't trust it for the super-crucial stuff like stage wash or highly choreographed shows... better just to wire it in that case. Although it's rare, we've definitely had it spaz out for a second or two at some pretty high profile events. But because it was just non-crucial lighting (uplights, etc) it wasn't a huge deal.