Thread: Serato Set-up help (club kit)?

Serato Set-up help (club kit)?

So,I took my set-up apart,two years ago.and now can't put my mind around the subject,of putting it back together. hoping my friends here, can help me, with my new set-up~ not understanding the whole Serato club kit thing...I now have a Rane MP2015 (serato certified,whatever that means),A Rane SL2,a technic 1200 TT,and a CDJ2000nxs2(maybe adding a second unit)...am I using the SL2 or getting a club kit? I understand HID mode,but would still prefer to use the control vinyl/CD's.. I'm guessing there's less wiring,using the mixer with a club kit,.then using a DVS (SL2)? can I still use my control vinyl/CD with the club kit?

Quote Originally Posted by DennisBdrmDJ 2.0 View Post
    So,I took my set-up apart,two years ago.and now can't put my mind around the subject,of putting it back together. hoping my friends here, can help me, with my new set-up~ not understanding the whole Serato club kit thing...I now have a Rane MP2015 (serato certified,whatever that means),A Rane SL2,a technic 1200 TT,and a CDJ2000nxs2(maybe adding a second unit)...am I using the SL2 or getting a club kit? I understand HID mode,but would still prefer to use the control vinyl/CD's.. I'm guessing there's less wiring,using the mixer with a club kit,.then using a DVS (SL2)? can I still use my control vinyl/CD with the club kit?
    Club Kit = standalone SDJ licence + DVS add-on

SL2 is "SDJ Enabled" meaning, unlike MP2015, it works as a dongle enabling software that is installed on the laptop to work (including DVS) without the need to buy a separate SDJ (or Club Kit combo) licence.

To simplify this for you, you have two options:
    1.) Connect SL2 with RCA cables to your MP2015 mixer. Connect TT into the SL2 to use DVS. At the same time you can connect CDJ's with USB cables to your laptop to use them in HID mode and with RCA cables into the mixer for when you want to use CD's/USB sticks (not timecodes)
    Pros: no need to spend more money
    Cons: need to run the signal from TT's through SL2, even when using regular vinyl (doubt that you will hear a degradation of sound quality on a home sound system but still....a shame when you have such a high quality mixer like the MP2015)

2.) Buy Club Kit, use just the MP2015 with both TT's (DVS) and CDJ's (HID mode) connected and use SL2 just for club gigs on non-SDJ certified mixers
    Pros: slightly better sound quality
    Cons: $129

+1 Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post

Cons: need to run the signal from TT's through SL2, even when using regular vinyl (doubt that you will hear a degradation of sound quality on a home sound system but still....a shame when you have such a high quality mixer like the MP2015)

2.)
    Cons: $129
    I tried this out last night,running TT thru the SL2, I found that actual vinyl,sounded a lot better,than the dvs timecode...I'm thinking that selling my SL2 on eBay,will get me enough $ to buy the club kit...$169.USD +tax...less wiring/routing.......Thanks again,God bless!

Update: was just about to purchase the club Kit,when I became aware of the rumor that Serato will be releasing a new version of their software called "Serato DJ Pro",sometime in January's Namm convention...guess I'm holding off until then.