Thread: Website Recommendations?

Website Recommendations?

Hi all. Time to step my marketing game up in the mobile DJ world. Any recommendations for vendors that sell DJ websites? I'm using artistecard.com for now, but frankly I don't like it very much and I don't really share it out.

Get a wordpress site. Then download a theme you like. Very easy.

Use wix.com or squarespace.com super easy to use and you can make a site for free. I just costs money if you want a custom domain,
    Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

Cool - I have the domain already I'm just looking for a good website that supports adding widgets for like Soundcloud, Mixcloud, my broadcasts on Twitch.tv, etc.

Wordpress is the best option, but if you don't understand it feel free to hit me up and I can put you in contact with a few relatively inexpensive but great designers... I just finished my website, I would love feedback from the community on any thoughts of how i can improve etc. https://syncopatedsounds.com

Wordpress was the best option for me. I used to be a web designer and found that wordpress is much easier to manipulate and control both in skill level and time spent. You can find a great theme and cater it to your DJing needs.

Here is my wordpress website: http://www.kevaevents.com

I also have a website for just my EDM mixes and tracks. This one I did in HTML and CSS - no wordpress. You can visit that here: http://www.nothingapplies.com.

Yes wordpress is the best option. It is really flexible, I use it to sell my music, merch, podcast, build database and promote other stuff. It's the best platform and if you get stuck there's a community on wordpress which will help you 24 hours of the day even at 3am. There's also plugins to make things easy and avoid coding.

I vote for wordpress.

I believe Wordpress sites are very generic.. could be just me though.

Wix sites can be used with a domain but like stated earlier it costs. I'm sort of biased with this so I'll say Wix (they have templates) because I use it myself as well, although I read a HTML5 book just a while ago and inspired by that did a site with Kompozer.. (edit : I've tried running an Apache server too)

EDIT :

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Elevate View Post
    Cool - I have the domain already I'm just looking for a good website that supports adding widgets for like Soundcloud, Mixcloud, my broadcasts on Twitch.tv, etc.
    Those are embedded using HTML code so any site that can be modified in such manner should be good.