Thread: Uneven L/R waveforms on DJ mix w/Audacity

Uneven L/R waveforms on DJ mix w/Audacity

I've been recording my mixes for a several months now, and have been using Audacity to normalize the mixes for the past few months.

Until a week ago, everythiing was fine ... then last week the mixes appeared on Audacity to have sections of the mix where one channel loses most of its sound.

I'm using a Traktor S4 MK2 that's 5 months old.

I did a mix (Nox mix - 20 min.) the other day and this happened on the first track ... next day I did a mix (Nox mix #2 - 68 min.) with the same track at the beginning, and this time both L&R waveforms appeared normal.

The third screen shot is one of the other recent mixes ...

Any suggestions or advice ? Might it be the:
    Traktor S4 controller ?
    USB cord ?
    Mac Mini ?
    Audacity ?
    Last edited by Five8dubZ; 11-12-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Switch Traktor to advanced deck layout and make sure you're not activating the pan knob.

Thanks SlayForMoney ...
    that looks like the problem ... I just took a look at the software screen and the pan knob on Deck A had been accidentally moved :-)

I just sent the S4 to NI for repair/replace, due to the "Deck C" button sticking ... so, in two or three weeks time, with all four pan knobs where they should be, I'll get back to mixing.

Good Lookin' Out !!!

Myth?
    Just wanted to chime in here with something left out of field which whenever I spot something like this brings me back to a myth I have never ever gotten to the bottom of.

In the most perefect controlled environments mathematically it’s possible that two speakers facing each other could with precise movements air flow etc cancel each others sound out?

I noticed when I first started getting into audio years ago my left VU needles always seemed just a degree further than right someone once said the mono/left channel has a very slight BIOS sounds silly but any logic in that?

Granted then I did not have dorrough or Mac styled needles but even with the built in VU IN NI traktor I have noticed left seems a pixel or two ahead?
    OPOAT