Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with audio adapters

Problems with audio adapters

So, I have a pretty cheap Mixer with 6 inputs, as I’m just starting out. So, I have 5 1/4 Mono adapters (to 3.5mm), and 1 Stereo adapter. If I plug the mono one into any of the inputs (they’re all single inputs), It sounds like an audio cable that hasn’t been plugged in all the way, but it is. If I put it in a quarter of the way and hold it down, it sounds quiet, but fine. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're plugging TS into a balanced (TRS) input?

It could be a ground loop issue too. I suggest starting with making sure that the equipment is using the same outlet.
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

If you plug a mono into a stereo system, you're shorting out the entire circuit. There is no solution but to use adequate plugs.

What you describe is what happens when you plug a stereo trs plug into a mono balanced trs input. You need either different inputs or different adapters.

Please describe your whole setup (brand and model of mixer, and brand and model of gear you are plugging into it).

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    If you plug a mono into a stereo system, you're shorting out the entire circuit. There is no solution but to use adequate plugs.
    I’m plugging a stereo adapter into it. The weird thing is that the phones output accepts the adapter and it sound fine, but not the inputs

Quote Originally Posted by monomer View Post
    You're plugging TS into a balanced (TRS) input?
    I’m not sure, because the manual shows an image of a TS jack but the phones output accepts the TRS plug perfectly fine with good stereo output

Quote Originally Posted by Manu View Post
    The thing is, the mono adapter works for all inputs and the outputs, while the stereo TRS adapter only works for the phones output

Quote Originally Posted by thatcluelessguy View Post
    I’m plugging a stereo adapter into it. The weird thing is that the phones output accepts the adapter and it sound fine, but not the inputs

Then you are mixing up which adapter is which.

A phone has a 3 output jack, the 3rd is for the microphone.