Thread: Moving head lights

Moving head lights

Playing with a couple of lights today.

Pair of import moving head mini spots, 7 colors and white, 7 gobos.

Pair of ADj Inno Pocket Wash.

Major observation is the ADJ servos are MUCH better than the imports, they are quick, and concise, the imports seem really lazy. Running a program off of the controller, all lights essentially doing the same moves(inverted) and same colors, the imports are always behind. Change it to sound active and imports miss some steps completely while the ADJ's actually keep up pretty well until the BPM gets pretty high.

So the $70 import moving heads are OK, I was happy with them for the price, but it's really obvious the ADJ's are a different league. You can bet I am looking for some ADJ spots now...

Quote Originally Posted by shoot summ View Post
    So the $70 import moving heads are OK,
    For that money you have to admit it's impressive they work at all. But what if you spent the same money($350/ea) for chinese imports, how would your ADJ heads compare now?
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    For that money you have to admit it's impressive they work at all. But what if you spent the same money($350/ea) for chinese imports, how would your ADJ heads compare now?
    I think what you are asking is if the imports were $350 each, and I compared them to the ADJ's, then I would be disappointed from a speed of movement perspective. Had I not found the deal on the ADJ's(LT $350 for the pair) I probably would never have known the difference, and would have been OK with the imports, although I had noticed the issue with not completing steps when in sound active mode, and had actually programmed extra steps, and even short movements to compensate for it.

For the money the imports are really decent, it was just an interesting observation that the ADJ's servos were so much quicker, I really like the way they move much better, very snappy.

Was really just putting it out there so other new folks get a perspective from someone that has used the imports.

For the money the imports are really decent, it was just an interesting observation that the ADJ's servos were so much quicker, I really like the way they move much better, very snappy.
    I agree but what do you expect.. good servo motors cost real money. My point is if you had spent the same money on imports as you did with the ADJs the results of your comparison would be flipped on it's head and it's the ADJs that would look cheap.
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com

Quote Originally Posted by conanski View Post
    I agree but what do you expect.. good servo motors cost real money. My point is if you had spent the same money on imports as you did with the ADJs the results of your comparison would be flipped on it's head and it's the ADJs that would look cheap.
    I'm really not following you on this, not clear what you are trying to contribute here, but thanks for posting.

I'm really not following you on this,
    I'm just trying to figure out if you think that all import moving heads would be of similar low quality?
    Paul O'Brien
    Old Tech Guy
    www.Techott.com