Thread: I love lamp...

I love lamp...

Good morning to all music lovers in the forum.

I'm Rob, and I have an addiction. It's called electronic music, and I've been hooked for 25 years. The problem is, I really haven't spent much time trying to produce it. Well, I've dropped numerous other hobbies and have begun my quest to complete a track..instead of just recording ideas. I'm a hardware only producer..I don't like using a computer interface even though much of my hardware could be considered a computer I guess... I'm looking forward to meeting more electronic music addicts and conversing about the world of production. My dad is a song writer who has had much success in a different genre. But, he really didn't make the time to show me all the in's and out's of the business. So, I'm taking it upon myself to learn about the processes and hopefully one day..get someone to bob their head along to my beat as they drive to work. Here is a diagram of my studio and I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Small version of studio.jpg

Welcome to DJF, Mr More Strings! I like your style and love the diagram!

I think you'll really like the Producer's sections of DJF. Have fun!
    -KLH
    Visit DJF's Beginner's MEGA thread and drop by my Facebook Fan Page.
    I've read the books like How to DJ right... to learn about... beatmatching, phrasing w/e , Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire but when I go to mix...

Thank you for the warm welcome KLH!

really cool! I used to produce when I was younger, definitely a hobby of mine before I had to "adult". tryiing to make time to get into it. I'm all about computers lol. Enjoy!

Hey and welcome, you should check out a Facebook group called "synthesizer freaks". Not spamming as the group is what the name suggests, and I would say that you are a synthesizer freak (but not in a bad way haha)

Don't really know how many producers are here on DJF though. I found cool little videos of people jamming out with hardware stuff (Perseus Traxx, Innerspace Halflife Boiler Room(s)) so that could be an inspiration!