Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yorkville pulse 315

Yorkville pulse 315

Does Anybody have any experience with those speakers?
    http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ369399379

He will let it go for 500.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Djcrunk View Post
    Does Anybody have any experience with those speakers?
    http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ369399379

He will let it go for 500.

Thanks
    I've owned both those speakers AND the Yamaha amp, although I had the P3200. The P4500 is a little too powerful for those cabs, possibly why he had to replace some components. Not a terrible deal if everything is working. (did he replace with the same woofers? would be one qustion I would have)

Sound quality of the speakers is OK, a little live (strong mid) sounding out of the box, but overall decent performers for what was Yorkville's middle line back then, which is between 10-15 years ago I'm guessing. Loud with a thumpy (but not very deep) low frequency response. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Here are some additional infos for you :

http://yorkville.com/products.asp?type=29&cat=31&id=32

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/live_...00/?mode=model

Al - Party-Time! DJ Services
    Last edited by Al Poulin; 04-14-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

Hewlett Packard the backbone of Apple data centers.
    I will not read anything in Comic sans

Thank you very much for your help

Just picked up speakers and amp for $350.
    Last edited by Djcrunk; 04-17-2012 at 10:15 PM.

They look well taken care of.

I hooked everything up tonight for a sound check. Turns out one speaker has an interesting issue. Only the woofer works. I took everything apart tested each speaker individually. They all work individually. I guess it must be the crossover. Any Idea what it could be? Do I have to buy original part or can I go aftermarket? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Djcrunk View Post
    I hooked everything up tonight for a sound check. Turns out one speaker has an interesting issue. Only the woofer works. I took everything apart tested each speaker individually. They all work individually. I guess it must be the crossover. Any Idea what it could be? Do I have to buy original part or can I go aftermarket? Thank you

Probably the CTL (current to light) protection in the crossover. When too much signal is sent to the horn, the excess energy lights up the bulb rather than frying the horn, so basically if you send way too much, the bulb simply burns out instead of the HF driver.

It you're lucky, all you need to do is change the lightbulb in there and it should restore signal to the horn. I've changed these quite a few times and actually carried some with me to my gigs.... You should be able to find them at a hardware or automotive store. (I used to get them at Canadian Tire many years ago)

If ever you can't find any, I have some I could mail out to you.

Al
    Last edited by Al Poulin; 04-18-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    Yamaha DXR15s - KX Audio (KV2) KX12s - RCF Art 310As - Yamaha DXR8s - Yamaha DXS12 subs (X2) - Wharfedale Titan 12A - Yamaha MG12/4 - Yorkville PGM8 - Peavey PV10 - Shure cordless - Stanton CD player - Sony Minidisc decks - LED lights - AMDJ dual SD player

Thank you al, i will check it out tonight after work.

it was not the light bulb itself, the whole piece that holds bulb broke off. I asked a guy at work if he could fix it for me.