Thread: Producers help/advice please

Producers help/advice please

Taking you back in the day when starsound did their thing with stars on 45, well my question is simple i want to add a quantised beat to an existing track to make a remix. I can p,ay one deck then set a 1 bar loop & bring up the fader to get that sound but how can i do it in software? Is it a simple task? I have adobe audition & have watched several videos but its really hit & miss.

Can anyone out there help with this, id be so greatful.

Cheers all .

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

create 2 audio tracks. one for the drum loop and one for the tunes
    Find a drum loop
    copy and paste loop for the length of the track
    add the songs you want to mix to the second track

how can i do it in software?

Look for "volume automation".

Cubase... FL Studio... Ableton... adobe audition is NOT they way to go.

It's also a lot easier if you can get the stems of the original tracks. The master you will be using will already be 'hard walled' and there is little room left, space to fit what you need.

Dynamic EQ or Multiband Compression (both sidechained) is also essential. This will get the sounds to move out of the way of the other sounds, otherwise things will clash, everything will fit in it's own pocket, allowing you to achieve max volume. Simply layering the sounds and you'll soon run out of headroom.

Send me a PM. If i like the idea, track choice, i'll happily work on the project with you. I'll engineer it, you the producer.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchiemasha View Post
    Cubase... FL Studio... Ableton... adobe audition is NOT they way to go.

It's also a lot easier if you can get the stems of the original tracks. The master you will be using will already be 'hard walled' and there is little room left, space to fit what you need.

Dynamic EQ or Multiband Compression (both sidechained) is also essential. This will get the sounds to move out of the way of the other sounds, otherwise things will clash, everything will fit in it's own pocket, allowing you to achieve max volume. Simply layering the sounds and you'll soon run out of headroom.

Send me a PM. If i like the idea, track choice, i'll happily work on the project with you. I'll engineer it, you the producer.
    Hey thanks for the feedback everyone, I knew id get some info, but ive hunting around on youtube and found some useful info using adobe audition & using the time stretch feature.

Mitchiemasha, i will PM you at the weekend, i can send you some files to give you an idea of what id like to remix, and thankyou i really appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Ableton Live is definitely the way to start getting the the original tracks in time, but it's a steep learning curve to start arranging extra synths and hits in my opinion.

When I bootleg two 2 tunes together in Ableton, I'll bounce the tracks into Cubase and add the extra layers, effects and anything else there, including mastering.
    * Follow me on Twitter * My latest mixes on Soundcloud / Hear This * All downloads on Hulkshare *
    andymunro.blogspot.co.uk for my tracklistings and links to my 320k mp3 downloads