Thread: Cabling Strategy Part 2 - Satellite Speakers

Cabling Strategy Part 2 - Satellite Speakers

Hey guys,

What do you guys do to cover long runs of cable going satellite speakers at the back of a dance floor? I know gaffing tape is one answer.. but that's a lot of work to do properly without an expensive tool, and what if the surface the cabling is on won't support it? I can try to tuck and hide but I worry about folks tripping over it.

Is there a reason you need then right next to the dance floor, or need satellites at all? Those are usually for fill for the rest of the room (background music and speaking)

Your FOH should be able to handle a dance floor on its own.

If I run satellite speakers, I use a wireless lapel mic system from Line 6. Great range and no noticeable latency. I've used up to 3 receivers with one transmitter during a bridal show recently which exceeded the line of sight rule.
    A.W. Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by sss18734 View Post
    Is there a reason you need then right next to the dance floor, or need satellites at all? Those are usually for fill for the rest of the room (background music and speaking)

Your FOH should be able to handle a dance floor on its own.
    I'm probably paranoid but it's outdoors and I'm only going to be running my usual setup which is a pair of QSC K10s and a KSub. I tried to talk the client into upgrading to a pair of KW181s and K12.2s but they won't go for it. So I'm getting the K12.2s and will have my K10s as extra to use elsewhere. I was thinking towards the back of the dance floor pointing in but I haven't done a site survey yet to see how truly large it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by damusicman View Post
    If I run satellite speakers, I use a wireless lapel mic system from Line 6. Great range and no noticeable latency. I've used up to 3 receivers with one transmitter during a bridal show recently which exceeded the line of sight rule.
    I didn't even think of this... That would be fantastic if all I have to really worry about is a power cable! Thanks!