Thread: Soft VST Synths Seeking Suggestions That's Mind Blowing for Techno Creation

Unhappy Soft VST Synths Seeking Suggestions That's Mind Blowing for Techno Creation

- I'm looking for Evolving modulating soft synths for specifically Techno/Trance Productions.
    I've tried & checked out Nexus, Massive, D16, Maschine, Access Virus, Waldorf, Z3Ta, Serum, Sylenth.
    The only one that may tickle my interests may very well be Omnisphere but tis so expensive.
    The only synths that helps me out in running thru various programs & works for me = Novation, Zebra & the Roland Jp8000.
    The Z3Ta is pretty useful as well. Absynth sounds cool but when it comes down to making it useful in the production stage and perusing thru its programs- its like it never becomes useful with an existing sequence.
    Ironically, NI's prophet5 VST can be useful in its patches if you have the time to scroll thru its many patches.
    If I have the $, I'd honestly buy myself an original Memorymoog- God, What a synth. But it goes for $9K on Ebay. Ouch!!!!
    And I had an original Prophet 5 rev 3 but alas, it had no MIDI & was too lazy to get myself a Kenton retrofit. (traded it for a JD 800 -now, its broke.
    Who knows? ,maybe I should've bought that Korg Ms 2000 afterall; thing was highly useful & quite the Sleeper. crap.

Try out Spire and possibly Dune 2. Spire is great for that harsher techno sound. Also, Hive is another one to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by UTP View Post
    Try out Spire and possibly Dune 2. Spire is great for that harsher techno sound. Also, Hive is another one to check out.
    tks UTP- Yep . Really dug in deep with Hive as well as Spire backwards and forwards.
    Tried Dune and I think I glanced at Dune 2.
    I came away with Great architecture but a bit dated in sound, & sounding a bit sweet & glossy void of grit and lacked cutting thru in the mix like Sylenth.
    A s a corollary I went with Falcon & NYX by Dreadbox . Also going for an xox box to compliment the 303.
    I was thinking of going totally modular but I think
    i'd get bogged down in making bleeps & fusing about too much with oscilattor shaping and adding white noise etc.. plus my wallet needs feeding & is crying crocidile tears of
    harassment.

All VA style VST synths will pretty much do the same, especially at a simple level for Techno. You just need to learn them.

I have
    Sylnth, practically everyones generic go to for basic layers, all genres.
    Spire, this has the best 90's style presets EVER. Slight step up from Sylnth in programming capabilities.
    Z3ta 2, Cakewalk is now dead so this might disappear soon. Hard to say how much it steps up from spire, it's arp functionality is an improvement
    Massive, it's modulation possibilities and wavetable sit this above the 1st 3 but i rarely use it, I'm not that creative.
    Nexus, Preset heaven Not a VA, it's a rom player.
    Avenger, the god of VST, easily up there with Serum and ahead in many ways

If you want more grit, start adding distortion after.